FOH lighter roundup!

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mr. Bond and I are heading out to a wedding today!

Favorite lighter!

More arrival... And another Ligne 1 small is on the way.

Just been given a lighter that was in my nan and grandads house that they didnt want. Never been lit but from some internetting (and all the paperwork being yellowed) is 30 years old ish!

Compound Silvermatch GT

5yze6y6y.jpg

I think they must have picked it up on one of their trips to Europe as the booklet is all in German

Awesome stuff man! Pics !!!

Grab a watch repair tool kit too, you'll love to start disassembling them so you can buff and polish and clean those bad boys. I've been at that new/old Dunhill today for four hours and it's so relaxing, it's a great feeling to get the lighters back to a bright shine and crisp snap of a hinge from a few hours of elbow grease. It's like giving then a new lease of life; fresh hair cut and a shave for them!

CQ, what toolkit would you recommend - there are 144 piece kits and 8 piece kits on ebay - seems as though many of the tool would be somewhat useless for a lighter. What tools in particular are best - presumably small screwdrivers and phillips head screwdrivers.

Also how do you know what you are doing ?? I have seen some repair "kits" on ebay for dunhills - basically a plan and some spare O rings - are they easy enough to follow?

I can feel a distinct case of LAS coming on (lighter acquisition syndrome). A cartier and 2 x dunhills on the way now ......... Plus multiple zippos with Z-flame torch inserts already at home. Oh dear

CQ, what toolkit would you recommend - there are 144 piece kits and 8 piece kits on ebay - seems as though many of the tool would be somewhat useless for a lighter. What tools in particular are best - presumably small screwdrivers and phillips head screwdrivers.

Also how do you know what you are doing ?? I have seen some repair "kits" on ebay for dunhills - basically a plan and some spare O rings - are they easy enough to follow?

I can feel a distinct case of LAS coming on (lighter acquisition syndrome). A cartier and 2 x dunhills on the way now ......... Plus multiple zippos with Z-flame torch inserts already at home. Oh dear

The joy of the digital age is, anything you want to do yourself, there's prob a video of how to do it on You Tube

• Like 2

You only really need a pair of snip nosed pliers, a blunted drawing pin/similar sized thing for pshing the hinge pin out and some cotton buds and a 3mm screwdriver (The ones form Christmas crackers do fine!)

I've got a couple of great lighters (all torches). Colibri Ambiance single torch in gloss black, Xikar Enigma in gunmetal, Vector Tri-Pump in black and chrome, a Lotus one in gunmetal, two of those Iroda black and red torches, another Iroda mini-torch in orange and black, another Colibri one in orange and black for golfing (an "Xtreme"? I think), etc.

But, my favourite one will SOON be.....the DuPont Xtend one that Claus has, with the Maori turtle tattoo in brown and black, when he's done using it and decides to sell it to me!!! :innocent: LOL. I've bugged him about that one for years now, and it's the only Xtend that I really want to get my hands on - I only see that stupid cream-coloured tattoo-and-piercing one on auction sites; the Maori turtle one is definitely a rare one to try to find for sale.

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed to stumble across one some day.... :rolleyes::hole:

There is one on eBay right now that has the dark brown with the piercing...

Nah, I've seen that one in person, and that one is a much lighter cream color. It's just a cheesy "tribal tattoo with piercing". Very...meh. Not as cool as the dark brown Maori turtle one.

Correction - I see the dark brown version you're talking about. But, still cheesy with the piercing. It's the right colour at least! LOL.

Do you carry both with you?

Sometimes. The ligne 2 usually stays at home, unless I'm going somewhere close. I'm clumsy and lose stuff.

I was travelling last weekend, and I just brought the maxi with me.

Love that ligne 2 you posted above, by the way. Gorgeous.

Go big or go home baby.

hi canaianbeaver,

I have a question regarding the porche design lighter - doesn't it get too hot to hold it while lighting the cigar? i watched a video of this lighter and it seem the flame gets very close to the ignition botton.

I am thinking about adding this lighter to my collection.

cheers.

Amos

A few of my favorites, nothing fancy though, just gets the job done time after time.

(Not Pictured: Vector Tri-Pump)

post-16567-0-95522600-1395944670_thumb.j

• Like 1