FOH lighter roundup!

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mr. Bond and I are heading out to a wedding today!

Favorite lighter!

More arrival... And another Ligne 1 small is on the way.

Hey there Claus,

I am looking to get Matthew a special gift. Would you ever get this? Seems kind of interesting but over the top. We already have the Porche and one St DuPont mini. What would be your new dream lighter coming in at $300-400.

L

Hey there Claus,

I am looking to get Matthew a special gift. Would you ever get this? Seems kind of interesting but over the top. We already have the Porche and one St DuPont mini. What would be your new dream lighter coming in at $300-400.

L

If he doesn't have a regular flame lighter already, I'd look into a Ligne 1 since those can get into the range you are looking at. Iguanasell has demo models on ebay quite often.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This thread finally convinced me to upgrade my busted xikar. Hope this one stays working for a while! Stupid question - I'm assuming xikar butane is okay to refill te maxi jet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use it for all my lighters.

This thread finally convinced me to upgrade my busted xikar. Hope this one stays working for a while! Stupid question - I'm assuming xikar butane is okay to refill te maxi jet?

ezezy5er.jpg

I wouldn't use anything buy Dupont fuel for a Dupont.

$0.02

Congrats on the purchase. That's a nice ligher. I love mine, and my brother's had one for years. It's a workhorse.

• Like 1

X-tend is a bit lighter in weight. It has no S.T. Dupont writing on the trigger (side). It's made in France, while the Maxijet is not (says China on the bottom in the tiniest of letters). I personally won't pay that much money for a Made in China lighter - that's also the reason I don't own any Porsche Design lighters or the S.T. Dupont Maxijet cutter or punch.

• 2 weeks later...

I have Porsche design that I just sent away for repairs only $9 so that's not to bad. I have a xikar that is not working about to send it back for repairs also.

I'm from the ronson club too I have about a half dozen of them, but they just don't hold much fuel

The most reliable lighter I have used is a 10-12$ triple jet with a punch on the bottom. I also like Ronson lighters, but I usually take the spring out.

I never could convince myself to get an expensive lighter.

Can anyone tell me which lighter is used in a lot of the FOH video reviews? I am specifically talking about the one that looks kind of like a large zippo.

• 2 weeks later...

I found a guy based in Malay that will do a full service on a ST Dupont soft flame for $50aus not including parts, if anyone is interested

I've not used him before but am about to send a couple of mine away

The most reliable lighter I have used is a 10-12$ triple jet with a punch on the bottom. I also like Ronson lighters, but I usually take the spring out.

I never could convince myself to get an expensive lighter.

Can anyone tell me which lighter is used in a lot of the FOH video reviews? I am specifically talking about the one that looks kind of like a large zippo.

I believe the lighter in the FOH video reviews is a Vector Thundra Table Torch from Mark Neff at cigarmony.com.

Hope this helps,

--E

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I use Dunhill fuel in the Dunhill and Dupont Gas in the Duponts. I ordered adapters for the Duponts but they all leaked like mad when filling so it wasn't worth the hassle for me. Exception is my Dupont X-Tend which gets the regular Xikar gas.

Here is hoping that my brand-new Dupont Ligne 2 which I had forgotten to take out of my bag and which was confiscated at the Shanghai airport actually makes the airmail way back to my home, like promised :(

anyjydy6.jpg

New promethius retro lighter and my new Palio. Both are great, really happy with their performance. Spyderco delica cause it's my favourite knife, it's cut it's fair share of cigars too