FOH lighter roundup!

Take out spring from where?

Ronson is very resilient but digs into my thumb with that small push down button..

YouTube - took the springs and fuel adjuster restricting rings, and now it's effortless with big torch flames!!!

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mr. Bond and I are heading out to a wedding today!

Favorite lighter!

More arrival... And another Ligne 1 small is on the way.

Other than appearance - what is the difference between Dupont:

1) Maxi-jet/Extend

$(KGrHqFHJF!FENfdy0o2BRGWYROjjg~~60_57.J

2) Defi -extreme

$T2eC16J,!yME9s5qF1gbBRwRf1mT8w~~60_1.JP

the defi is supposed to work in temperatures from -10° C to +45° C and is guaranteed to work up to heights of 3500.

the metall parts are protected by half-elastic parts, which makes it long lasting.

not that i would ever try challanging those facts :D i tend drop stuff from now and then so the defi work best form me. it also looks cooler imo

Wait a minute... My city is at 3000 ft and regularly gets colder than -10*C. I wonder if those stats are for reliable operation of compressed butane generally.

I suppose it is rare to use a frozen lighter on a mountain hike to light a large cigar. Or not.

I bet your lighter out-performs those stats anyway. Looks great.

the defi is supposed to work in temperatures from -10° C to +45° C and is guaranteed to work up to heights of 3500.

the metall parts are protected by half-elastic parts, which makes it long lasting.

not that i would ever try challanging those facts :D i tend drop stuff from now and then so the defi work best form me. it also looks cooler imo

Me likey.

Looks like it's got a massive fuel tanks as well (I assume that's the fuel gauge on the left side)

I need a new lighter for my car as my old CoH freebe triple jet has seen better days.

Might be time to go shopping...

Me likey.

Looks like it's got a massive fuel tanks as well (I assume that's the fuel gauge on the left side)

I need a new lighter for my car as my old CoH freebe triple jet has seen better days.

Might be time to go shopping...

it does. one of the main points why i bought it. so far its worth the money

This post has definitely piqued my interest regarding the MaxiJet/X-Tend but it seems as though it's difficult to actually buy the French made X-Tend version of this lighter... Can any FoH member PM a recommended vendor that actually sells the X-Tend and not the Maxi? Thanks in advance!

• 3 weeks later...

I see a lot of you gents talking about the old ligne 1 from. Dupont. What makes these so desirable? I've always been under the impression that aside from zippo, other lighters eventually wear out?

They're something different and its hard to find a decent soft flame lighter these days (aside from a Bic-a la Ken)

They're Extremely well made and if serviced will last for ever

I just had one of mine serviced and it works and looks like new even though it was made in the 1970's

In my experence, Zippos wear out just as fast as any other lighter

I've got 3 or 4 older ones that no longer close properly cause the hinges have had it

• Like 2

They're something different and its hard to find a decent soft flame lighter these days (aside from a Bic-a la Ken)

They're Extremely well made and if serviced will last for ever

I just had one of mine serviced and it works and looks like new even though it was made in the 1970's

Thanks for the info! Not to side track too far, but why the soft flame vs torch?

There are some occations where I've found certain cigars tend to behave a little better if lit with a soft flame.

This is usually true for my older cigars or newer ones with thin wrappers

Plus, its harder to scortch the crap out of a cigar with a soft flame when compared to a single jet

I usually like matches for lighting my CC's but thats not always practical when I'm heading out for an evening, so a soft flame lighter tends to suit me well.

I still have and use jet lighters for windy days but more often or not reach for a soft flame or a match now days.

Also, its kinda nice to do it the old fashioned way everyonce in a while

• Like 1

Been looking at the old ligne 1 and 2s, must say, those are some sexy lighters.

Question for those in the know. Do you have to worry much about fakes with the older ones? I'd hate to drop the coin on a counterfeit one. Any tell tale signs it isn't authentic?

Not particularly, old aren't faked really. Also they should be between $40-$100, so avoid high priced ones as its probably a hike job, expect typical wear and tear on them from 40 years of use though although generally its minor