FOH lighter roundup!

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mr. Bond and I are heading out to a wedding today!

Favorite lighter!

More arrival... And another Ligne 1 small is on the way.

I have a black label flat flame lighter. Cost a little over $100us

I mainly bought it cause I like the gadget factor...

Both have been faultless for 100+ uses

I have the Black Label Dictator Flat Flame Lighter. Cost around $109 and is the best investment I've ever made. I've been using it daily for about 8 months now without fault. It would be hard for me to go back to a regular torch or soft flame after using this lighter.

post-21153-14048234926449.jpg

post-21153-14048235178122.jpg

I have the Black Label Dictator Flat Flame Lighter. Cost around $109 and is the best investment I've ever made. I've been using it daily for about 8 months now without fault. It would be hard for me to go back to a regular torch or soft flame after using this lighter.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404823490.674938.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404823516.045731.jpg[/quote

Same as my one

I got the Copper one and my only complaint with it after 12months and a couple hundred lights is that the clear coat over the copper peeled off pretty soon after I bought it, so it tarnishes really quickly.

It's just a cosmetic issue though. It functions flawlessly

Those flat flames are cool.

I got a Promethius Retro a while ago and I'm pretty pleased with it. Flint ignition jet lighter is fun

Still using my S.T Dupont Maxijet ever since I got it. The gas tank is appreciably large, it's a brilliant flame, and it looks damned good. Plus it was ~$100 USD.

I was looking at the Defi, which frankly looks awesome, but it was 3x the price. The gas tank was enormous though. My current goal is to find either a Ligne or a Dunhill soft flame.

The Defi definitely has a much larger tank than the Xtend. I wouldn't necessarily look for the French made ones- the quality has actually been better on the Chinese ones.

I disagree completely. I have never seen a broken x-tend but several broken Maxijets.

Can anyone recommend a good soft flame lighter with a nice sized tank for around 50 bux?

Can anyone recommend a good soft flame lighter with a nice sized tank for around 50 bux?

50 Bic's?

Maybe check out Prometheus. I have their Retro jet lighter and love it, but I cannot recall if they have any soft flames or not

• Like 1

Has anyone got the reciept for thier black label Dictator lighter they can share with me?

Mine **** itself last night and I no longer have the receipt due to:

A- I assumed a $100+ lighter would have a lifetime warrenty (nope, 2 years)

B- I assumed I'd get more than 14 months out of a $100+ lighter that I didnt even use every day

I cant claim warrenty on the unit without me reciept (if I can at all, Considering I bought the unit in the US and am now in Australia)

Oh well, you know what they say, assumption is the mother of all F$&k ups

I disagree completely. I have never seen a broken x-tend but several broken Maxijets.

I've seen plenty of broxen X-tends. A friend of mine has gone through two himself. One had the ignition button stop working and the other had the door stop opening. His current, Chinese Dupont works just fine.

I know that my local shop has sold hundreds of X-tends and has had quality issues with them.

That said, the Defi seems to be better made.

I've seen plenty of broxen X-tends. A friend of mine has gone through two himself. One had the ignition button stop working and the other had the door stop opening. His current, Chinese Dupont works just fine.

I know that my local shop has sold hundreds of X-tends and has had quality issues with them.

That said, the Defi seems to be better made.

I know one guy that has had three Defi's break...

So whatever I say, I'm wrong. I get it.

Nope - we just all have our experiences and shouldn't deal in absolutes. ;)

Quality control is just that. Quality control. Even the best of things will have quality problems.

I'm just happy my Dupont hasn't broken yet.

• 3 weeks later...

Purchased an Alec Bradley tabletop lighter recently. Nice soft flame, but plenty of power. No risk of charring a foot. Lights my sticks with gentle ease. Love it!

Purchased an Alec Bradley tabletop lighter recently. Nice soft flame, but plenty of power. No risk of charring a foot. Lights my sticks with gentle ease. Love it!

Mine never worked right. Ended up tossing it. My buddies one just broke after about 2 years of use.

Still searching for a st dupont ligne 1 or 2 on the bay, but not seeing them at the price points you fellows have stolen them at!

I'd be wary of them, there are tons of fakes or ones that require a lot of repair work. But then again, they are absolutely magnificent lighters and brilliantly classy.

I really do hope my Maxijet doesn't die. I really like it. D: