Montecristo Petit Number 2 : Video Review

El Presidente

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was joined by PJ (Pete) and Munts (Brandon) for a midweek review of the Monte Petit 2 on the deck. How will it pan out?

if you can wait 3 weeks I can do one with some quality Ramon Allones Gigantes, SLR DC, Punch DC, HDM DC, Lusitania. Please remind me RC when next in the warehouse.

Finally back on the Deck!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's been a while, recently they've all been at "Kenny G & The Boss's Water Receptacle Emporium"!

Someone ring Rob; Ken's been experimenting with telepathy again.

Expect a new Oz Bruce tour to be announced shortly! :D

well I was listening to The Boss whilst I was heading to the shop......

Funny how I watch this video and a week later my Cigar Aficionado subscription comes in and they rated the Petit No. 2 -- 92 points. Tied for best figurado for the issue with a Dip. No. 2 from July '12...

Maybe they got all the good boxes? rotfl.gif

I think I'll take Rob's word on them though, that's for sure.

Funny how I watch this video and a week later my Cigar Aficionado subscription comes in and they rated the Petit No. 2 -- 92 points. Tied for best figurado for the issue with a Dip. No. 2 from July '12...

Maybe they got all the good boxes?

Probably. I wouldn't discount it at all.

Maybe they got all the good boxes? rotfl.gif

I think I'll take Rob's word on them though, that's for sure.

CA smoked from a different code.

What I find disconcerting is the prospect of an Upmann rolled Montecristo that is not true to marca, and/or performs under par.

That someone, somewhere is making a conscious decision to send better or worse quality tobacco/blend bundles to certain factories? And not on a one-off basis too?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Funny how I watch this video and a week later my Cigar Aficionado subscription comes in and they rated the Petit No. 2 -- 92 points. Tied for best figurado for the issue with a Dip. No. 2 from July '12... Maybe they got all the good boxes? :rotfl:I think I'll take Rob's word on them though, that's for sure.

Take Robs word. Bought a 10 box back in Feb. They will not improve.2 remaining. Will hold the nose and the rest!

• Like 1

Strange. The Petit No. 2s I had were absolutely fantastic. Mind you I might have been exhausted, but the Petit no. 2 I had the just the other day was sweet and absolutely delicious.

Not to mention that it had quite the kick, and the lithiumy/ammonia taste although noticeable was not anywhere near bad. Shame as I don't remember the box code, but it was an absolutely brilliant stick.

• Like 1

I had one cpl weeks ago and is was all floral notes from beginning to end. Not bad but nothing that makes me want to grab another one for a long time!

That's kind of my problem with Monte 2s, petit or otherwise. When the box is good.

It's good. But more often than not I get regular and boring boxes. :(