Dr Joe Show

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kudos to anyone who puts the time and effort into our passion. Like anything else, if you don't like his style, turn off. If you do..support him.

Hear him Oink?

Anybody watch his YouTube reviews, they're a bit long but he has some great reviews on both cuban and non cuban cigars

I will try and email him and see if I get a response from him. I enjoyed his show very much, but can see why some may not care for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, I have his email as well, but I am only a fan, and don't feel comfortable just emailing him......let us know if you get a response.

I hope he comes back. I really liked learning about the brand histories (even the NC ones) and there are a number of marcas that he didn't cover.

Yeah, he said he was going to cover all 27 marcas eventually.

... yes, but!

I am Piggy!

Tis true *hangs head in shame*

I enjoy his shows...brings a different insight when discussing cigars. if you have watched his previous 2-3 shows, he spoke of personal issues, never going into detail of what they were.

I dont know him personally, however I really hope everything is ok.

If anyone knows of any news or updates, please don't hesitate to post here.

Right before he went off the air he was talking about how he had a sinus infection that put him in the hospital, then he did 2 more vids (I think) and some asshat pissed him off beyond belief and *poof* gone.

I learned a lot from him, especially his "Fake or Fine" section.......I binged watched all of his vids, then he announced Season 4 and nothing.......*sad panda*

• Like 1

I watched a few of his videos. The stuff he has put out is just ok to me. The videos need to be a little shorter I think too. I second that he deserves some credit because he does seem to put a good amount of effort into making his show and I doubt I could do a better job at it.

His videos aren't short, they are tailored for depth so his viewers can appreciate the background of the cigars or projects that he was doing. He's definitely not a quick fix kind of guy, he certainly does his dudilgence before each project. I for one have certainly learnt a lot from Joe. Hope he is well.

• Like 1

I certainly hope to see more from him as well. I love the depth he goes into in his videos and I've reached out to him a few times about cigar topics which he responded to and answered all my questions. He is a genuine guy with his own style.

• 2 weeks later...

His were the first cigar videos to help me as a newbie. He's rough around the edges for sure, but his informative video on seasoning a humidor made realize that there is too much misinformation floating around the cigar world.

His were the first cigar videos to help me as a newbie. He's rough around the edges for sure, but his informative video on seasoning a humidor made realize that there is too much misinformation floating around the cigar world.

I have found his videos a little too lengthy and verbose but overall I do enjoy a lot of the content of his videos and have viewed many of them. I've no doubt he believes in the advice he gives and is an honest person, his heart is in the right place. You mentioned the misinformation that exists on the internet about cigars and I believe, based on my own experience that he peddles a little misinformation. He certainly believes it to be true so it's not out of deceit and his research is thorough, but it is not perfect.... but nobody's is. - Which means that concede that I may in fact be wrong LOL, but that that's what this hobby is about.

For example, I am weary of his advice with aging cigars. He says that storing cigars in a cabinet over 20 odd years will get you to cigar utopia. Whilst he acknowledges that a poor cigar will not improve with age, he says that a cab of great cigars will improve as they age as their oils meld from one cigar to another over a few decades of storage. This is unproven and in my opinion and I just don't buy it. I can't fathom that the oils in one cigar seep into the adjacent cigar over a few decades or storage. MHO

I would also disagree with his advice that the ideal storage is 65/65 (from memory) but that's a matter of personal taste yet he states it as FACT. That's where you need to be careful because he makes many statements as 'fact' when they are merely his educated opinion. Storage is a personal thing and only you know via your experience what ideal storage is (within the parameters of not causing mould or becoming too dry and brittle.

That said his videos on fakes and brand history are excellent. Overall I like him but as with everything be careful to separate facts from opinions.

• Like 2

I liked his "fake or fine" series, but he unfairly called out a large grey market vendor. His basis was that the single BRC a viewer provided wasn't as flavorful as others he had (maybe they were not ready to smoke yet, not to mention CC inconsistency). He did a deconstruction and found some short filler in the half smoked cigar. Even if it was fake, the grey market vendor may be being victimized too by their supply chain. Just a risk buying grey market.

• 2 months later...

I love his show, loved listening to him ramble. I just wish he would send out a tweet confirming that he is still alive and well.  

Seems very odd how he just vanished.  

• Like 1

I liked everything about his videos except for how much he loved [moderated] a certain online vendor

I had a horrible experience with that website.  Was sold a box of counterfeits and getting a refund back was such a hassle.  I have tons of pictures to prove it.  Had a thread going on a counterfeit cuban cigar facebook group, and everyone agreed that they were fake.  Sent it to Joe to let him know that they are capable of this, and he responded back saying "not possible. call me..."  He provided his phone number, and I called him and left him a voicemail.  Never heard back so I tried calling again somewhat recently and sent another email and nothing...

Edited by Fuzz

3 hours ago, Ethernut said:

Known for sure?

If they did, surely they'd delete his videos? Also unlikely in the current political climate with the easing tensions so to speak.

I emailed Joe a couple months ago. His response back was. He's done and wants to sell most of his collection. And if there was something I wanted to call him. For one I don't have his number. Two I was dismayed by his reply, I was bummed he felt this way. He was so very passionate with this hobby. And was the jist of my reply back. Asked him to email me a list of his inventory and never heard back from him. Apparently life has him through a rough patch. I only hope things get better for him and he returns.

• Like 1

I emailed Joe a couple months ago. His response back was. He's done and wants to sell most of his collection. And if there was something I wanted to call him. For one I don't have his number. Two I was dismayed by his reply, I was bummed he felt this way. He was so very passionate with this hobby. And was the jist of my reply back. Asked him to email me a list of his inventory and never heard back from him. Apparently life has him through a rough patch. I only hope things get better for him and he returns.

Can you pls PM me his email? Cheers
  • Like 1

Can you pls PM me his email? Cheers

3 hours ago, Crash712us said:

Did he say anything else?  Regarding why he was "done"?

On 4/6/2016 at 0:48 PM, PigFish said:

... when you reached out, where did you touch...? -LOL Okay, I don't wanna' know.... -LOL

Sorry if he is a friend of yours mate, I do try to be sensitive about such things. I cannot help but foster some negatives about the guy, but won't beat a dead horse.

-Ray

You had a run in with him?  Pls tell.  Why do you not like the guy?  How did you crush his mojo?

Ahh, i'm sure it was regarding using all these electronics and such when building a wineador.  I remember him commenting on that.

• Like 1

Did he say anything else?  Regarding why he was "done"?

No unfortunately he did not. I only reached out to him twice. I figured since he usually responded to my emails in the past right away. That I wouldn't harass him.