Dr Joe Show

You had a run in with him?  Pls tell.  Why do you not like the guy?  How did you crush his mojo?

Lol! No foul here. Yeah I can understand why some people didn't care for him. He was pretty rough around the edges. But was very passionate about cigars and the history and that's what got my interest. But his Tirades, was just apart of his shtick. In my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kudos to anyone who puts the time and effort into our passion. Like anything else, if you don't like his style, turn off. If you do..support him.

Hear him Oink?

Anybody watch his YouTube reviews, they're a bit long but he has some great reviews on both cuban and non cuban cigars

2 hours ago, Cep said:

You had a run in with him?  Pls tell.  Why do you not like the guy?  How did you crush his mojo?

Ahh, i'm sure it was regarding using all these electronics and such when building a wineador.  I remember him commenting on that.

You should not assume. I was unaware of his 'stance' on humidors and for the record, I could care less! I don't dislike people based on how they store cigars, nor their opinion about how I store mine!

In that spirit I will keep this brief and as classy as I can.

Either he or his surrogates came over here and caused a ruckus. A poster ask the membership to review a video of his and comment (an apparent alias or surrogate). I did... and so did others. It turned heated and unpleasant. He and/or his surrogates alienated themselves as they would not cool down and let it go. They reached out and insulted 'the wrong guy' on the forum and that ended the episode and I presume the IP addresses from where they originated.

End of story!

If you were looking for 'dirt' I am not the guy to ask. There is plenty of road ahead to bemoan the road already traveled. Besides a little joke or two, I was over this guy and this topic long ago!

-Piggy

• 1 year later...

I cant watch his videos, as it seems like he's snorted about 4 grams of coke before he air's himself, makes me feel jittery just listening to him.

Quite a lot of it is annoying in that he constantly seems to be insisting that that there are all of these people out there, that discredit other people knowledge of cuban cigars, then..................erm?   he goes on to discredit them!?? It's a very odd mental state. 

I think he's funny. May be I'm not in a critical mood.  the rant about sources is great.

II loved this guy.  Entertaining.  That all it's suppose to be is entertaining. If people don't like it, don't watch. No big deal. Life is too short. I did not agree with 1/2 the stuff he would spu but he was a character

As I'm writing this, I'm smoking an Upmann Connie A. Holy crap these are great cigars.

Interesting that he won't discuss sources, (which I agree with), rants about folks that want sources, but when I pulled up his website, there was an endorsement/advertisement for "Our Preferred International Supplier for Fine Cuban Cigars".  Clicked on it and there was the source's website. 

Glad to see the passion he has for cigars but not a viewer.  Just my preference.

4 hours ago, stunod said:

II loved this guy.  Entertaining.  That all it's suppose to be is entertaining. If people don't like it, don't watch. No big deal. Life is too short. I did not agree with 1/2 the stuff he would spu but he was a character

As I'm writing this, I'm smoking an Upmann Connie A. Holy crap these are great cigars.

Oh yeah..........great smoke!

Dear F.O.Hers,

I think this whole thing about the DR. JOE SHOW is ,in itself, very simple.

We are talking about a guy who has learned a lot about HABANOS .

He is a guy who specks his mind,which is NOT always very good on the whole.

I must say here that i liked his show very much and i found the guy very direct,(NOT EVERYONE LIKES THAT),

anyway, i think that (ONE OF) the reasons he is no longer with us is what he had to say about a trip to Cuba by a

certain Dave Garofalo of Cigar Authority and the 2 GUYS CIGAR SHOPS. He was not very kind with

Dave Garofalo and i guess that money specks louder then words.It would not surprise me to know that this

is one of the reasons why this show is no longer on the air.

Amicalement,

Guy

• Like 1

13 hours ago, luv2fly said:

Interesting that he won't discuss sources, (which I agree with), rants about folks that want sources, but when I pulled up his website, there was an endorsement/advertisement for "Our Preferred International Supplier for Fine Cuban Cigars".  Clicked on it and there was the source's website. 

Glad to see the passion he has for cigars but not a viewer.  Just my preference.

He was always pretty up front about his preferred source.  His rant was that people were claiming to like his show, then asking for his source, when if they really watched his show, they would know who his source was.  He talked about that vendor all the time.  He was lashing out at the people who couldn't be bothered to watch, but wanted to know his source.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wabashcr said:

He was always pretty up front about his preferred source.  His rant was that people were claiming to like his show, then asking for his source, when if they really watched his show, they would know who his source was.  He talked about that vendor all the time.  He was lashing out at the people who couldn't be bothered to watch, but wanted to know his source.

I stand corrected.  I see what you mean.  Thanks.

15 hours ago, laficion said:

Dear F.O.Hers,

I think this whole thing about the DR. JOE SHOW is ,in itself, very simple.

We are talking about a guy who has learned a lot about HABANOS .

He is a guy who specks his mind,which is NOT always very good on the whole.

I must say here that i liked his show very much and i found the guy very direct,(NOT EVERYONE LIKES THAT),

anyway, i think that (ONE OF) the reasons he is no longer with us is what he had to say about a trip to Cuba by a

certain Dave Garofalo of Cigar Authority and the 2 GUYS CIGAR SHOPS. He was not very kind with

Dave Garofalo and i guess that money specks louder then words.It would not surprise me to know that this

is one of the reasons why this show is no longer on the air.

Amicalement,

Guy

I don't think so. If he had been sued by Garafalo he would have had to take those videos down, and he hasn't. I think it was health related.

I miss his show. I really liked his videos.

• Like 1