Bolivar Simones Canada Regional Release 2008 : Video Review

El Presidente

This is the second review ken I did one afternoon a month back.

ken get's lonely at Casa Del Culebra and so I hung around .....drinking his rum...and in this case smoking his cigar lol3.gif

As always a lovely casual afternoon just shooting the breeze. ken did out two brilliant bottles of rum but due to time constraints (the initial vid ran for 29 minutes) we will run the rum commentary as a separate vid.

And no...I can't get him to wear shoes!

• Like 2

great review as always. smoked a few and loved them, have a box on ice. do you guys think they don't have the legs left to go another 10 years?

also another question i've always wondered...are the 08's the same as 07's just divided up in 25 cabs because the 50's weren't selling?

great review as always. smoked a few and loved them, have a box on ice. do you guys think they don't have the legs left to go another 10 years?

also another question i've always wondered...are the 08's the same as 07's just divided up in 25 cabs because the 50's weren't selling?

if you enjoy everything about your Boli Simones now (sticky date pudding profile) then I believe you will see a gradual decrease in its intensity over time. That doesn't make it a bad cigar going forward, just a different one. Personally, I loved the vibrancy / fruity-cake depth of them 12-24 months ago more than i am liking them now. Still an excellent cigar. Just my opinion.

The 50's sold as quickly as we could get our hands on them. Normally, packaging is arranged well in advance.

• Like 1

casa del culebra oh my god absolutely hilarious rob LOL!!

size 15 feet

curious why they're declining, is this a sign of current tobacco?

they are only declining in relation to my taste buds...and i am a barbarian who gravitates to vibrant flavour.

To expand on that, current tobacco (on this cigar) would mean 07/08. Which would mean 06 wrapper/ 05 volado/secco/04/05 Ligero.

I don't think it is the tobacco. The Punch Super Robusto (06/07) is only just coming into its own now. Two cigars from roughly the same period, two cigars secco laden in blend. Whoever blended them had very different ideas.

• Like 1

Still kicking myself for procrastinating on a box, believe it was a LFTW a year or two back. Somebody smarter than I scooped them up.

• Like 1

Still kicking myself for procrastinating on a box, believe it was a LFTW a year or two back. Somebody smarter than I scooped them up.

Great cigars, and I think I snagged the last 50 cab Rob could find in a LFTH last year (at a damn steal of a price too!) I'll smoke one from that cab today/tomorrow and post my thoughts once I do....

Thanks for rubbing that in. moon.gifparty.gif

Cheers

Thanks for rubbing that in. moon.gifparty.gif

Cheers

Sorry dude - I'd been waiting a while to pick em up at the time. I didnt think it was the last one out there at the time!

Just smoked one from the cab. Rich, deep with lots of cream, yes to the fruit flavour that Rob and Ken found, but very much still a strong cigar too. Maybe there is something more in the 50 cab cigars, but I think mine have more aging potential in them yet

Would love to hear more from others with the 2007 50 cab cigars!

Prez,

Some of the tangents you two go on are hilarious... But Ken's feet is where the line has to be drawn.nosmilies.gif

Lol, Salute to the both of you. Nice review

size 13 and the feet are clean!

Well . . . they're clean from YOUR point of view . . . trying looking from OUR's! tongue.png

And seriously, size 13? Is like like my GF saying her dress is a size '0'?

Wel . . . they're clean from YOUR point of view . . . trying looking from OUR's! tongue.png

And seriously, size 13? Is like like my GF saying her dress is a size '0'?

the feet are clean. it iss rob's lens that is not.

and they are 13. i'm not sure you think think that is under or over estimating them. or possibly you use a different standard over there. size 13, triple E.

• Like 1