RyJ Churchills?

I've not had a RyJ Churchill in quite some time. I had an urge to buy a box (not in tubes), so I went looking at my usual sources and everyone was out of stock. So, I'm not sure if that means they're so good right now that they're impossible to keep stocked or that they're so terrible right now nobody wants them in inventory.

So... how are the RyJ Churchills at the moment? Buy 'em when you find 'em? Or avoid 'em for now?

Cheers,

~ Greg ~

Yeah, don't recall seeing them for a while... but I was also not looking for them. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled. Perhaps El Prez can find a good seam in a master case. He's pretty good about that. Sorta like a piggy finding truffles. smile.pngsmile.pngsmile.png

Cheers,

~ Greg ~

Prez recently had some 13s that looked very good and I jumped on them. Haven't smoked a single one yet so I can't speak to performance. But years ago, I had a friend bring me an amazing small Romeo from an international trip. I never forgot how good it was. So my hopes are high. I can tell you they look and smell amazing.

Gone are the days when the Churchills exhibited that unfathomably deep grass, thick richness, yet somehow subtle nuances of dried flowers. I think '03 non-tubed was the last of that example. The most recently, I opened some '08 Tubos. Very apparent top note of potpourri that dissipates into nothing, with no finish - very artificial tasting. I have a POU 12, but am afraid to write off this once glorious hallmark of Cubans completely.

I very much enjoyed a box of 2011 turbos from the marca, much abused and overly dry though they were. The 2012's and 2013's, although smelling better cold, we're no where near as good once lit. To me it means these things need a few years on them.

I suspect that means that people are buying multiple boxes to age and that is what's driving the shortage.

I frankly loved the DIC '12 ones. Have had 2011s before but they're meh. Methinks you can't get older than 1YO in any B&Ms anymore. Well, unless you're in Andorra or Switzerland ;)

But i only smoke the tubed variations nowadays... just the honey that combines with RyJ flavours after 2 years of tubed ageing..............

42489-Homer-Drool-eZEY.gif

Is there any difference in the cigars themselves between the tubos and non-tubos? Sorta like how there currently seems to be a difference between the PSD4 10s and 25s or something like that? I've always preferred non tubed cigars just for space reasons, but if the cigars are different then perhaps I need to look at them too.

Cheers,

Greg

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Is there any difference in the cigars themselves between the tubos and non-tubos? Sorta like how there currently seems to be a difference between the PSD4 10s and 25s or something like that?but if the cigars are different then perhaps I need to look at them too.

Cheers,

Greg

hi Greg!

i've always preferred Churchill Tubos to Churchills. But the most noticable difference is the Bolivar number 2 to the PC. PCs are good, they really are but man are they better when they're tubed and not box pressed!! RCs i can't stand but when tubed for 2 years, they really shine!

i recently started a thread and apparently a few mates on here are trying to do the same as i: tubing cigars that come in boxes and ageing them that way. it's good to save money on those, now you don't have to buy a 15 pack of RyJ tubos for the same price as a 25 dress box of regular box pressed! :)

do check it out, and maybe post a review of one tubed to one non-tubed. then see the difference! or better yet: get a box and age 5-10 in tubos. revisit in 2 years and see how they are!

I have seen the tubos recently, so perhaps I'll pick up a box of those to see how they compare. Thanks for convincing me. I appreciate the help in finding yet another excuse to buy another box of cigars. LOL

Cheers,

Greg

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks for convincing me. I appreciate the help in finding yet another excuse to buy another box of cigars. LOL

Cheers,

Greg

Do I reply to that with a "screw you "or a "you're welcome!" :P

Whatever it is, let's hear how it progresses with you :)

Peaceful puffs,

Your friend up North.

Sent from my BlackBerry Q10 using Tapatalk for Android.

• Like 1