Romeo y Julieta Robusto LE 2001

7425808_orig.jpg

A gorgeous choc brown wrapper with a ton of oils still present and a silky feel to the touch. Aromas of dark earth, cocoa and overripe cherries. Perfect construction in every way.

Initial flavours are of muted white pepper with lashings of espresso coffee. A creamy, leathery, almost tangible mouth feel slowly subsides into an intense dark tobacco flavour – I guess on account for this particular LE having two year aged wrapper only, with an increased Ligero content.

Plenty of prickle through the nose. Intense concentration with deep complexity. Flavours yet to completely uncoil despite twelve years of age suggest there is plenty of time left before these will peak.

Core flavours from the mid-point are still dark in character; dense chocolate, stewed dark berries with Christmas spice and black coffee. Total balance and harmony of flavours.

Incredible length with a lingering aftertaste of leather. Heavy intensity throughout. This is a serious smoke and not for those who prefer milder profiles.

An outstanding cigar that showcases the potential of the LE concept at its best. Years to come on these - if you still have some.

94 points any day of the week.

7425808_orig.jpg

A gorgeous choc brown wrapper with a ton of oils still present and a silky feel to the touch. Aromas of dark earth, cocoa and overripe cherries. Perfect construction in every way.

Initial flavours are of muted white pepper with lashings of espresso coffee. A creamy, leathery, almost tangible mouth feel slowly subsides into an intense dark tobacco flavour – I guess on account for this particular LE having two year aged wrapper only, with an increased Ligero content.

Plenty of prickle through the nose. Intense concentration with deep complexity. Flavours yet to completely uncoil despite twelve years of age suggest there is plenty of time left before these will peak.

Core flavours from the mid-point are still dark in character; dense chocolate, stewed dark berries with Christmas spice and black coffee. Total balance and harmony of flavours.

Incredible length with a lingering aftertaste of leather. Heavy intensity throughout. This is a serious smoke and not for those who prefer milder profiles.

An outstanding cigar that showcases the potential of the LE concept at its best. Years to come on these - if you still have some.

94 points any day of the week.

I had my last one about a year ago and this was one of my favorites EL. It was like eating a Black Forest Cake. To me this is what the EL program should be, a mix between the marca profile and the typical "chocolatiness" of the EL. I've been trying to get some more of these but it's been really hard to find.

• Like 1

I had my last one about a year ago and this was one of my favorites EL. It was like eating a Black Forest Cake. To me this is what the EL program should be, a mix between the marca profile and the typical "chocolatiness" of the EL. I've been trying to get some more of these but it's been really hard to find.

I have a handful left. An excellent smoke and one that I wish I held out on even further as they have plenty still to offer. Cheers mate.