Viñales Fun With Frank

At the Centro Cultural Polo Montañez - Viñales :

So it was evening and we moved over to take in the show.

Surprise, our table was taken by a very large Evander Holyfield look-alike, one eye half closed and hands as large as a shovel.

Cristal courage made me brave and I asked him WTF he was doing at my table.

He meekly drawled out something like : Me was jus’ doin’ som takin’ care of youse table, my man, no worries – so I invited him to join us and have some beers with/on us, which he kindly agreed to.

Believing he was a regional foreigner ( Haitian ?? ) I asked Jorge WTF a language the big guy was babbling.

Well, Jorge explained that the guy was a local Piñareño guy and they were justly known and famous for being too dumb to speak.

According to a Havana legend only 5% of the Piñareños are smart enough to think …

Well, I kept that piece of information to myself so as to not offend Mr Holyfield who looked like a true Piñareño specimen of the 95% sort and we became friends.

Especially tight friends after he arranged for a few of his girl-friends to keep us company at the table so as to keep all the other girl-friends from bothering us.

Worked out peaches & cream.

For text and Pictures see : http://flyingcigar.de/startseite/vinales-fun-with-frank/

• Like 1

You are quite right....

I was not sure where I`d end up but, as with Frank later and the eastern Krauts it all ended well... no organs taken, all fine 'n dandy.

Bless the beer...

• Like 1

Looks like good friends, good food, good fun, cigars, drinks and a bit of excitement. I live much of my life vicariously with Herr Nino, hope to actually enjoy together one day!

So first off. CC's and spelunking? I'm sold on a trip smile.png Second... Regarding the large gentleman that was guarding your table. In one picture it looks like he is missing a finger. Just folded under his hand or really missing? Just curious. Great pics and a greater story!

Good to see Jorge and his car still going strong!

He is OK and well, the car is .... failing more often than it should.

Frank and I are trying to fly over spares but it's a losing battle ...no.gif

So first off. CC's and spelunking? I'm sold on a trip smile.png Second... Regarding the large gentleman that was guarding your table. In one picture it looks like he is missing a finger. Just folded under his hand or really missing? Just curious. Great pics and a greater story!

Yep, what else -

CC's and religion ?? Cigars and the art of knitting underwear ??

Cigars and grumpy shitty second hand philosophy a la Sartre/Beauvoir ??

Cigars and reflections on social justice and gender equality in disadvantaged city suburbs while suffering from PMS shovelling out PC **** from the tunnel of time ??

That's not what I go to Cuba for.

Not for the Che song either.

And neither for AI places on the beach.

More like :

Cigars and the art of repairing a carburator when you have no spares ....

Cigars and the art of watching the Cubans live their daily life ...

So : Happy if you like it - join the show !!

PS : Yes, good eyesight, he was missing a finger

perfect10.gif

That's hard case man, pimpin Cuba style.

Man Evander looks totally "hammered"...or was he simply "dumber than a bag of" lol

Epic evening recovery story!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sting : see my diagnosis in the post - the latter.

innocent.gif

LOL. Toyota water pump???? biggrin.png

You'll have to let us know about spare parts again before this November then....

The water pump was a start, no problem there and a good idea.

Now it's the gas pump and the carburator plus a ball bearing for the A/C ...

A new jalopy would be more practical ... wish I could ship him a car over looking.gif

My cousin has an American car that is put together like a puzzle of parts from different car manufacturers. Those Cubans are very creative.

No es facil, hay que inventar y resolver, ya tu sabes .... lol3.gif

Yep, mi socio Cubano, that Toyota is also a parts puzzle, but :, hey it runs and I have all the time in the world ...

See this repair we did btw Varadero and Havana to get gas into the carburetor from a bottle wedged into my suitcase in the back seat with a copper pipe leading to the the hood and from there into the gas pump ( BTW : I was smoking a cigar and my Cuban buddy his black cigarettes .... )

post-4742-0-10820100-1395856398_thumb.jp

ok.gif

• Like 1