2013 RASS - What was bad?

I've had 4 RASS from 2013 two were amazing and rich and two were not good at all, poor construction and rather bitter. I wouldn't buy them unless I got them hand picked

• 9 years later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think some mistaken a bad tasting cigar young that has no flavor due that it has not aged . Sometimes it just comes down to it not being blended right from the get go as this is a handmade product.

I purchased a box of rass, in 2011 with a Apr 2010 box date. Smoking one back in 2011 was the worst decision I made, it was horribly young. I just revisited the exact box last month with a night and d

Smoking one from 13 and yes it' has classic RA flavor !! It's like I was smoking a 3 + yr RASS just amazing ! And by judging by the specimen I am smoking they have aging potential ... But to me t

Last cab was cracked last evening and they're still mas fuerte!!!!   While I like OGA 11s just a little bit better because I find them to be more balanced, the MUR 13s have a long life ahead of them.  I was going to part with a couple fivers but these just got moved to the "never sell" pile lolol.

• Like 2

I had some boxes of MUR 13? 14? with extremely dark/ thick fire proof wrappers. Worst RASS I have ever received. The AUM/ RAE 15 have been awesome. Light brown wrappers with a slight sheen are best for this particular cigar. Perhaps the best ones in my experiece were the TEB 08, LRE 09. Fantastic crop of leaves for RASS with those codes. I'd take a mastercase of either, especially at $180/ box, LOL

51 minutes ago, SCgarman said:

I had some boxes of MUR 13? 14? with extremely dark/ thick fire proof wrappers. Worst RASS I have ever received. The AUM/ RAE 15 have been awesome. Light brown wrappers with a slight sheen are best for this particular cigar. Perhaps the best ones in my experiece were the TEB 08, LRE 09. Fantastic crop of leaves for RASS with those codes. I'd take a mastercase of either, especially at $180/ box, LOL

My vote would be LRE 09s as some of best RASS I have had. BPC with that code were exceptional as well.

I recall having a bad 2013 box of RASS which lead to me avoiding everything from RA for a number of years. I later acquired a 2019 box from our host that was stunning, with no cigar in there less than 92 points. One of those boxes that almost makes you weep when you get down to your last one.

1 hour ago, SCgarman said:

Those LRE 09s are quite similar to MUR 13s 100%!  In fact a RASS 2009 from LRE I had over the summer nearly blinded me after the retrohale.  2009 boxes with LRE codes are some of the strongest I've smoked.