Havana - Hole In The Wall 5 - Sergio's

It's properly called "La Corte del Principe" - but Sergio is the owner and so it's Sergio's place.

He's been around a year on this quiet corner at Parque Monte Barreto and the place is busy.

You are lucky to get a table but it's most definitely worth it.

The best homemade Pasta in town, delicious Gambas in the shell, a Mediterranean atmosphere, great for a long leisurely lunch or dinner al fresco followed by good cigars.

For text and Pictures : http://flyingcigar.de/startseite/havana-hole-in-the-wall-5-sergios/

Looks great Nino. It just makes me laugh when you can read popular guidebooks and other references about Cuba and hear that food in Cuba is bland and boring. Sure you can find some bland and boring restaurants, mainly gov't run, but the same can be said about any country. Just being to Cuba once and seeing and hearing about other places like this sure puts a smile on my face. :)

Nino, curious about the coke can in the first picture. When I was there about 18 months ago, we were told Coke wasn't available, which, of course, made sense. Since Coke is bottled all over the world, is it more available in Cuba than I was led to believe?

Nino, curious about the coke can in the first picture. When I was there about 18 months ago, we were told Coke wasn't available, which, of course, made sense. Since Coke is bottled all over the world, is it more available in Cuba than I was led to believe?

No problem getting Coke in HAV. Either in restaurants or supermarkets.

You are asked whether you want Coke or TuKola, the national Coke.

It's bottled in Mexico and imported from there. You also get San Pellegrino and other Italian waters that say on the label that they are imported to the US ( so diverted from there to Cuba )

Outside of Havana ( except for the tourist resorts ) not so much ...