Any other Game of Thrones fans? Season 4 this weekend!

ptrthgr8

http://youtu.be/xIASaUUwklk

Season 3 ended rather... memorably. Hopefully season 4 picks up right where they left off.

"I will answer injustice with justice." It's hard to not really like Dany Targaryen. smile.png

Season 4 launches 6 April! Woot!

Cheers,

~ Greg ~

Yep, however, I did not like Season 3 at all.

Watch it on Sunday at your place, with cigars?

Sundays are my Jammie Day. Visitors are not permitted on Jammie Day. It has been written. So say we all.

Yep, however, I did not like Season 3 at all.

What part did you not like? The Red Wedding was a bit of a downer, but I don't expect a show like this to be all rainbows & giggles... there has to be some downer moments to make the paybacks all the sweeter. There's a cool 15 minute summary of season 3/preview of season 4 that includes some bits I hadn't seen in any of the other trailers:

thoroughly enjoyed the series 1-3 so far.

made sure i read all the books first - keener to see the next book than the next series. and if you didn't like the red wedding, you've a lot more pain coming but that will hardly surprise anyone.

the books and series seem to be slowly starting to move apart a little. what i find fascinating is that the producers have said they'll do seven series. martin has said seven books - even if some are divided up into two parts. but the series will finish long before the books. so they'll have to go their own way entirely - unless martin can give clues - at least for the last of the series.

would probably enjoy the series a little more if i had not read the books but ditto the reverse so you can't have it both ways.

will wait until the 4th series is finished and get it on dvd and watch it right through.

You are right Ken, since the series is out in book form first there should be no surprises. I find it funny to read some peoples comments on various different sites complaining about how the TV's show twists and turns were written. The book came first!

Looking forward to the start!

The biggest fear I have is that George R. R. Martin is going to kick the bucket before he can finish all the books! He is one fat old dude! Maybe he should join the fat bastard competition. For the sake of art, of course!

As with the most of the world, I love GOT and really looking forward to season 4

I must say though, thus far, they have truly screwed with my head between seasons 1-3 in that the people you think will be through until the end are now already dead so any attempt on my part to forward think of plots to come are completely out the window! ;) This is what i find so great about game of thrones.

On a side note, has anyone ever read "THE WHEEL OF TIME" series of books by Robert Jordan, I think that would be brilliant as a series. Kind of in-between LORD OF THE RINGS mixed with GAME OF THRONES. :)

• Like 1

As with the most of the world, I love GOT and really looking forward to season 4

I must say though, thus far, they have truly screwed with my head between seasons 1-3 in that the people you think will be through until the end are now already dead so any attempt on my part to forward think of plots to come are completely out the window! ;) This is what i find so great about game of thrones.

On a side note, has anyone ever read "THE WHEEL OF TIME" series of books by Robert Jordan, I think that would be brilliant as a series. Kind of in-between LORD OF THE RINGS mixed with GAME OF THRONES. :)

Loved the first six or so books of Wheel of time but then it kind of lost it's way. Been meaning to read the rest but haven't found the motivation yet. As a series it would really need to be thinned out a little but it would be cool to see if done well. Unlike the Sword of Truth series

• Like 1

Sword of Truth was a series that was so terrible and unimaginative. First 3 books were decent. After that is was difficult to read. I finished them just because I needed to. The ending was worse than the filler in books 4-10. So much so the author had to make another book to end the series.

Wheel of Time was better imo. Books 5-7 or so were a little draggy but there are so many characters and side plots it kept you involved. I liked how many of the characters were developed. Not just the main 4-5. It could be thinned out some. It would take a long TV series to do it well. Much like Game of Thrones. Don't try and crush it into a two hour movie or one season. Do it right and make it last 4-6 years like it should.

I agree completely bro. I do have to say that I enjoyed the sword of truth series on several levels but I do agree with your assessment.

Have you read any of the Mistborn series? I have the first book but have not started it yet

• Like 1

I have not read mistborn. Will look it up and see if it is something I would like.

It's written by the guy who finished the Wheel of Time after Jordan passed away. I believe his writing style is a bit faster than Jordan's. My friends opinions on the wheel of time during his involvement is that he made the story flow forwards more than just "Rand is sad, Perrin is whipped and Matt is awesome and they walked and walked and walked and walked, subtle dominatrix overtones"

Yeah, so far this season has been solid. I like the shocker at the Purple Wedding - I mean, you knew something was going to happen, right? But it was still sorta gigglerific.

Aside from the NHL playoffs, it's really the only thing on TV I look forward to each week. So it better be good. smile.png

Cheers,

~ Greg ~