Bolivar Coronas Junior - MUR MAY 13

earthson

Not under the radar nor a cigar that no one talks about, but I guess with this forum, there's none of those left!

Just got a box of these and couldn't resist trying one ROTT. I've enjoyed Bolivar in the past - especially the Gold Medal, which, unfortunately, I cannot find anymore.

I wouldn't divide this minuto into thirds. Although it lasts for about an hour and the flavors seemed to evolve constantly, it was more of a journey from light to nub.

Overarching coffee that stays throughout the smoke - sometimes with cream and sometimes not. Elements of wood, chocolate, marshmallow, loads of spice, and even random fruit all pop in and out. Strength was STRONG! I don't normally prefer cigars quite this strong, but I guess that ensures that this cigar will be around long enough to age into the smooth beast I know it can be.

• 2 weeks later...

My first cuban cigar! Can't wait to have one again – I believe I still have 1 or 2 in the box.

As I burn through a few, they seem to be moving into an off period - or maybe it's because I've been grabbing the lighter-colored wrappers with an eye on letting the darker ones sit for a while.

BTW, I've been wanting to try some of the SCdlH Principes and wouldn't mind trading some of these BCJs (or Party Shorts) for a fiver or so...

I'd like to give this one another shot. Tried one last summer and was surprised by a very powerful buzz from it, I'm not sure if it was a nicotine effect or just an off night. After seeing these positive reviews its worth another try, but after a nice big meal!

Right up there with the RASCC, Shorts and El Principe for me depending on mood.

Great short smokes.

I'd like to give this one another shot. Tried one last summer and was surprised by a very powerful buzz from it, I'm not sure if it was a nicotine effect or just an off night. After seeing these positive reviews its worth another try, but after a nice big meal!

I'm saying it's the nicotine efx. I mean, for such an unassuming looking little cigar, this thing will set you back! I like a good nic hit, but methinks these might need to set for a year or three before they're in my range.

They are great to hand out, however, because folks who don't normally smoke cigars have always heard how strong Havanas can be and this sucker definitely delivers!

I have a box, of the same code,

and yes they are nice, but after the first one, they are going down for a long rest. I have ordered 2 more boxes, and will put them all down for a nice long nap. I was getting pretty strong tannins, in the last third. I am thinking they will be great, in a few years.

Dave (A.K.A. Homebrew)

• Like 1

Def agree. While most smokes tell me they need time with a muddled 2nd third, the last third of these BCJs scream DRYNESS (which, yes, must be a buttload of tannins that need to cure out).

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Well, sounds like there's a good chance the ones I have in transit are going to be awesome... they won't be resting much!

One of my fav Boli's just ordered a box with the same code and it's been awhile since I've had em, been burning through the BPC's lately. I love this cigar for its in your face mongrel style flavor bomb, prob my fav minuto next to the RASCC.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

How do these compare to the BPCs?

I would say that the CJ and PC are very similar in flavor, but the CJs are a little stronger and, in my experience, have more going on in the flavor department than the PC.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Damn I knew I shouldn't have read this now I need to go scare up A box or two! This is the kind of cigar I like when I'm out playing and need to take A break and walk around!