Laphroig Quarter Cask

ogus

Had my first dram of this today in the cigar man cave and yes it is lovely

• Like 2

In my last Will and Testament I'm to be embalmed with a couple of bottles of Laphroaig quarter cask, entombed in a cask coopered of quarter cask barrel and Spanish cedar then buried in Islay.

The provincial 'regime' that allows us to buy alcohol (provincial liquor control board of Ontario) ran out of this at all local locations around Christmas this year, I was in a full panic. The QC has become my fav of the three I have tried - 10 year old, QA Cask and QC Cask - and, is the best price.

• 2 weeks later...

Laphroig is a once bitten, forever enraptured type of single malt, truly a love it or (I don't understand this) hate it whisky. I had two bottles of the QC, and (sadly) am down to my last dram or 3 of this nectar of the Gods... while the 18 year is spectacular in its own right, the folks from Islay knocked it out of the park on this one!

I wasn't a massive fan of the quarter cask when i first tried it, but as i drank through the bottle it soon became one of my favourites.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

This one is indeed a nice bang for the buck. The 15 yro was my favortie until the axed it. I love the smoky medicinal side it gives.

Agree. The 15Y is/was my favorite as well. When I found out they discontinued it, I bought every bottle in a 100 mile radius...a grand total of four bottles (three at one location). I'm more fond of the 15Y than the 18Y...however, if offered the 18Y, I certainly won't turn it down.

Laphroig is a once bitten, forever enraptured type of single malt.

That's how I've tried to explain my love of Laphroaig to my wife. Unfortunately, she can't stand the smell of it...its a Scotch that I often drink alone at home.

Agree. The 15Y is/was my favorite as well. When I found out they discontinued it, I bought every bottle in a 100 mile radius...a grand total of four bottles (three at one location). I'm more fond of the 15Y than the 18Y...however, if offered the 18Y, I certainly won't turn it down.

Unfortunately for me by the time I learned of the sad news I was well into my last bottle. I can say that now I am a much more advised drinker. ;-)

Love to drink the 10 before noon, a great way to begin a day off. The QC has a bit more punch, more of a after dinner drink for me. Both pair very well with the fuller bodied Habanos. And yes it is definatly a love it or hate scotch.

Love to drink the 10 before noon, a great way to begin a day off. The QC has a bit more punch, more of a after dinner drink for me. Both pair very well with the fuller bodied Habanos. And yes it is definatly a love it or hate scotch.

Before noon :) nice!

• 3 months later...

at the airport and just picked up a bottle of the PX cask.

not tried it before. anyone?

also the talisker storm.

I picked up a bottle last week. Much like the 10yo but with the expected sweetness from the px. I prefer the 10 and the qc, but nice for a change of pace.

What did you think of it ken?

at the airport and just picked up a bottle of the PX cask.

not tried it before. anyone?

also the talisker storm.

PX Cask is interesting, a "softer" style Laphroaig but still plenty beefy by normal whisky standards.

I think the normal Talisker 10 YO trumps the Storm when tried side by side on a number of occasions, there appears to be more intensity in the 10 YO. Still a good honest drink nonetheless.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I picked up a bottle last week. Much like the 10yo but with the expected sweetness from the px. I prefer the 10 and the qc, but nice for a change of pace.

What did you think of it ken?

Working through an older bottle of Laph 10 over the past few weeks. Very nice, although I prefer the rougher edges of the QC.