Laphroig Quarter Cask

ogus

Although I'm generally not a big fan of NAS whiskies, the QC is indeed a very nice whisky. I still prefer the 10 YO, and I don't think it's anywhere near the 18YO IMO, but still a pretty nice dram.

I wasn't a massive fan of the quarter cask when i first tried it, but as i drank through the bottle it soon became one of my favourites.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

This is exactly how it went down for me as well. When I first tried it I didn't like it very much. By the time I drained about 1/3 the bottle I started liking it a lot. It is now one of the 'go-to' scotches that I will reach for and always try to have at least one bottle of it at all times. My partner loathes the smell of it. She says it gives me 'old man' breath lol.

Big fan of Lahprioag. The 10 Cask Strength is my favorite Laphrioag. Quarter Cask is a close second.

My office smells of Laprhioag if i leave my glencairns overnight. Lovely smell.

• 1 month later...

Thx to all you scotch guys I started my journey 2 weeks ago.  

Jw black

Talisker 10.   Omg I am addicted to this stuff.  I'm getting a briny aftertaste that I crave all day long.  

I picked up a bottle of Highland 12 yo today.  But now I'm angry that I didnt grab the lahprioag qc that I saw instead.   The Highland seems a little tame compared to the talisker.  Maybe the lahprioag qc will be more up my alley.  Will grab that bottle tomorrow. 

QC was once described by a lady friend as "this one will lift your kilt". I like the mix of peat and saltiness; in fact I look forward to a bowl of mussels with a side of QC (or the other way around). Good price to quality ratio for those who don't absolutely need a smooth single malt. 

Got the QC today and had a wee dram.  

Hmm.  Sure its a bit "peaty".  It confuses me how some ppl are turned off by peaty whisky.  To me it doesnt seem very strong at all.  Its got that briny character that I am really loving ATM.  (Maybe thats peat??).  Anyways, looking fwd to consuming it :D     Thx for the recommendation!

Edit.  Still seems a bit too sweet for my taste. Maybe the Lava 16 will be my ultimate.  That will prolly be my next bottle, eventually.  Damn pricey here in Canada unfortunately.

• 2 weeks later...
On June 11, 2014 at 6:36 PM, Ken Gargett said:

at the airport and just picked up a bottle of the PX cask.

not tried it before. anyone?

also the talisker storm.

Have a bottle of Talisker Storm in my cabinet. Had my first dram in Denver and it was amazing, bought a bottle when I got home (I live in Kentucky USA and we have just about everything here) wasn't as impressed with it. Still a good dram, tastes more like a heavy confused highland thus I don't find myself reaching for it. Spend more time with Springbank 12 cask strength, Ardbeg Correyvrecken, and Glenmo Elanta (almost out darn it), and frankly I really like Glen 10. Need to pick up a bottle of 1/4 cask sometime. Cheers