That "Great Cigar" Moment

I've had two within 4 months. I don't know what was different or why but once with a Siglo VI and once with the most perfect HdM epicure 2. Maybe atmospheric or meteorological conditions were perfect or the stars aligned, I can't say. All I can say is those two cigars were the most perfect things to smoke, beautiful flavours.

Now I'm fiending for it again

Was gifted a 2011 HU Connie1 on Saturday it was like smoking a HU Sir Winnie all the classic flavors !!

I was in heaven I did not want it to end just a amazing ride this cigar took me on !

95+ point cigar hands down !

Funny that you post this Prez, I wanted to smoke a nice cigar for the holiday so I'm puffing a original release Fentue Anejo 48. Pepper and leather through the nose and the flavor Cedar and Chipolte coat my mouth between puffs. A solid 97.

Happy ressurection day.

The golf analogy is spot on when it comes to cigars. It's the great shots/moments that entice us into putting up with a 30 over round.

Awesome Rob! I've had that experience with wine; a brunello from 1998 comes to mind (mind blowing actually). I think you need to smoke a lot of good cigars to be able to spot the surreal moment. I'm not there yet, but am happily working my way there...

Wowsers! really lucky to have that with a regular production stick...

Sadly, i've no boxes like that... all my mates seem to have had some exquisite time with select D4s, No.2s, CoRos....... But not i.

Oh man! You are just of age, and should revel in what you are tasting!

It will come, and it will be a current production.

Chasing the dream via LE's, RE's, and vintage is stearing you WAY off course

• Like 3

Oh man! You are just of age, and should revel in what you are tasting!

It will come, and it will be a current production.

This. I started off grabbing just LEs and then realised that that money would've been MUCH better spent on regular production. Case in point is the HdM Grand Epi LE versus the epicure 2. The LE is good but the Epi 2 is far better and much more Cuban IMHO

• Like 1

But they're all so shiny :(

I've found solace in my Siglo IIIs and RyJ Churchills. Guess I do need some more regular productions. Box code hunting, I guess :)

Sent from my BlackBerry Q10 using Tapatalk for Android.

But they're all so shiny :(

I've found solace in my Siglo IIIs and RyJ Churchills. Guess I do need some more regular productions. Box code hunting, I guess :)

Happy belated birthday, my now almost legal everywhere friend.

Finding solace is good, but exploring the realms of the common will be a much better basis point.

Life is but a box of chocolates

• Like 1

Case in point is the HdM Grand Epi LE versus the epicure 2. The LE is good but the Epi 2 is far better and much more Cuban IMHO

Hmmmmmm... Hoyos I can make due with that. LEs have never been my cup of tea, either. Regalis was horrendous and anything past 05 is terribly overpriced.

The big boys reflects this exactly: RyJ, Cohiba, MC, etc. This is probably why I don't own any LE past '11 in my humi.

REs have been a different story. They let you try many more LGCS, Bolivars, ERDMs than there are. Admittingly, nothing can beat a good aged CG or Demi Tasse. But it's the variety that really gets me...

Happy belated birthday, my now almost legal everywhere friend.

Finding solace is good, but exploring the realms of the common will be a much better basis point.

Life is but a box of chocolates

not belated :). Regular. Lord help me if I was born on 4/20... :lol:

thanks though, Rye. Means quite a decent amount :)

Hmmmmm... very true. as it's all to be smoked now. And in 30 years time...

Hmmmmmm... Hoyos I can make due with that. LEs have never been my cup of tea, either. Regalis was horrendous and anything past 05 is terribly overpriced.

The big boys reflects this exactly: RyJ, Cohiba, MC, etc. This is probably why I don't own any LE past '11 in my humi.

REs have been a different story. They let you try many more LGCS, Bolivars, ERDMs than there are. Admittingly, nothing can beat a good aged CG or Demi Tasse. But it's the variety that really gets me...

Completely agree. A lot if not all of the REs I've tried have done nothing but enhance my enjoyment of cigars. If only they were released as general production sometimes

Aah! Both great and Torture reading this post! My cigars are and have been 2200ks away for 2 months, I was daydreaming all yesterday about a genios and coopers stout :'( or an epi.2 or D4.. I really need to expend my common cigar range too.. Got a couple in mind but be a couple more months yet. There's an le I need to double check too I had in a sampler.. Last cigar that captivated me

• Like 1

I have to say that the cigar that flung me over the fence to the dark side was like this exactly!

I burned my fingers trying to make that thing last. It was a VR Unicos, it was the last one from a box at a B&M so I presume it had been resting for a little while.

I was forever changed, and have not yet been taken on that journey since. Hopefully one of these days?