That "Great Cigar" Moment

The best smoke I have ever had was a d4 while laying in the Sunshine in English bay in vancouver on my friends boat. It really was a life changing momment. Some people find yoga some people find god. I had the perfect smoke.

I just had an Hoyo Epi Especial LE 04 ... I wish I had the funds/patience to age sticks and smoke them in their prime

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I had a similar one with an HDM gran pyramide from the 2004 HDM humidor. It wasn't a special place or anything (back yard), but boy was it a sublime smoke.

Oh man! You are just of age, and should revel in what you are tasting!

It will come, and it will be a current production.

Chasing the dream via LE's, RE's, and vintage is stearing you WAY off course

This! I had some "WOW" Cigars this year, all regular productions. But then again I buy only about one box of REs a year and no LE. Works well for me.
  • Like 2

Other cigars I can think of off the top of my head that WOWED me were

Bolivar libertador French RE 2006 smoked in 2013

Bolivar china distinguidos RE 2011 smoked in 2012-13 thankfully I have five of these left

01 RASS smoked 2012

My first Hdm Epi 1 creamy goodness

My first and only so far VR Don Alejandro also one of the first Cubans I smoked.

I'm sure there's a few more. This thread has given me the idea to start to keep a book with notes or names or these WOW cigars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was gifted a 2011 HU Connie1 on Saturday it was like smoking a HU Sir Winnie all the classic flavors !!

I was in heaven I did not want it to end just a amazing ride this cigar took me on !

95+ point cigar hands down !

nice, thanks for this info. now I want my box badly. I was lucky enough to buy may 11 PSP conni 1 from the host :) yeeehaw

• Like 1

Don't often write in but just finished a 08 BCG that was simply superb the smell from these is unique, nothing quite like it, just love it. For the smell alone these would be in my top 3, they have really improved in flavour over time as well

I've had two 'wow' moments, one was a Monte No. 2 and the second was a RASS, both were phenomenally good, flavourful smokes that really stick out when looking back over everything I smoked

I was gifted 3 HU Mag 50s several years ago that had unknown (though noticeable) age on them. Each one was perfection: they started mild with just a little salt and sugar, and then 1 cm in they woke up and slowly developed with each puff until culminating in a full-flavored, med/full bodied symphony of must, wood, grains, fruit, cream, mint, and just plain godliness!

I've chased down this experience ever since - those cigars were either aged beyond the level of my patience (which averages 2-3 years) or were just from an exceptional box. They weren't the ELs, but may have been the OR of the reg production. Either way, possibly the best cigar experience I've ever had (3 times)!

Just yesterday cigar #2 in the blind tasting knocked my socks off. Easily a 98

Can't wait to find out what these are and hopefully vindicate myself as well.

If I could find a box of the Cohiba 06 pyramids I wouldn't need to think, I'd rip.out my kidney and sell it.

hey rob, OMG. don't know if it was from the same shipment/box code you had but…wow. I bought some PSP JL2's from you the last month and they've all been amazing but tonight, let me say it again…wow! absolutely blew me away. best cigar I ever smoked. a robusto normally takes me 45 mins to an our but this cigar was just so sweet and lush i was savouring it for almost an hour and a half. i just didn't want it to end.

mind-blowing! Kudos mon ami that's some good stuff! if only every cigar was as opulent as the one I enjoyed tonight!

This weekend, was at a golf resort with my wife. She went to the spa for a morning relax and I lit up a Rass I bought from our host a few years ago in a sampler pack. I'm a big Monti fan, but the particular cigar blew me away. Never had a better Rass and prob never smoke a better one. There was a sweetness to the smoke and it actually got better toward the end. One in a million, sad to see it go.

The reason I love Cuban cigars is because of exactly that. I've been smoking cigars for 20 plus years and I live for those few and far between surprises you can only get with Cubans.

• Like 1

In the past couple years, I've been wowed by late '80s to mid '90s smokes, most notably Monte #2, Monte Especiales, Partagas D4, RyJ Churchill, and Bolivar Corona Gigantes. Don't get me wrong, I lust after how '70s are like breathing in pure flavors, but I prefer to have some body to back up the smoke. It's a nice balance.

Next to those, '02-'03 and some '01s are very nice.

I had one yesterday, I split one of the "infamous" 3-packs of Upmann Magnum 46 from 2005 with Kjell, who was visiting Dublin and Yiorgos.

It was fantastic, one of the best cigars I've had in a long time. Lovely flavours and a great performer.

Good old Bolivar Coronas Gigante, from a cab of '06.

These cigars leave me wanting nothing.

• 4 months later...

• The Hoyo Epi No 2 I smoked a couple weeks back...pure cream cigar heaven

My 2nd RASS

Padron 1964 Diplomatico Churchill Maduro...say all you want about NCs but this cigar is incredible

Trinidad Robusto Extra

My 1st and 2nd HURRs

I will agree with the consensus: Monte 2 and RASS when on are incredible. I can see the JL 2 having the potential. I yearn for Monte 4 for being consistently pleasing an abbreviated #2 experience.