Cigar Spots in Mexico City

Hi Guys,

Work is taking me to Mexico again, this time Mexico City. I know that there is an avid cigar culture in Mexico, however, I never seem to find the right places. To start with, Mexico has a large number of its own cigar brands, factories, etc.

If you've been to Mexico (Mexico City), or live there now - what cigar spots are worth visiting?

Here we go smile.png

Cigar shops:

there are 3 LCDH in Mexico City.

1 in Polanco (the best cigar shop in town)

1 in the south side in a mall called Plaza Loreto (great one also)

1 in the Santa Fe part of the city (in a shopping mall called Samara) has a bar also

There are also 2 more shops worth checking out

1 in the Condesa-roma corridor called el Cigarrito that has a great selection of Cubans and NC's The owner is called Gerardo Barreda, and he is a great guy.

The other one is The Davidoff Shop in Santa Fe in a shopping mall called Centro Santa Fe.

Outsides of this shops I wouldn't shop in any other shop as you can find fakes or really bad stored cigars.

If you are not near any of these places an need to get some, there are also shops all over the city called Sanborns or liquor stores called "La Europea" (very nice wine stores) where you cand find genuine habanos but sometimes not the best quality (although i have found gems long forgotten in their humidors).

Restaurants:

There thousands of restaurants literally down in Mexico city, you can't smoke inside almost all of them, but a lot have a smoking section in the patio where you can enjoy a cigar and no one will give you a hard time.

Depending on your budget, you can go to something as nice as a cheap and cheerful cafe, or to one of the 50 best guide restaurants biggrin.png

There is a bodeguita del medio in the condesa-roma part of town, where you can enjoy a great cigar and lovely mojitos (a lot better than the one in Cuba IMHO.

or you could go to a steak house called "beef bar" in the Camino Real Hotel, in the Polanco area which has great food and wine and an awesome closed someking space.

or there are always the Four Seasons and the St. Regis Hotels, which have very good cigar areas also.

If you want more info or something more local, PM and I'll gladly help

Great info. Later this year I will find myself in Puebla. By any chance would you have any info on Cigar shops in that city?

While there are literally thousands of great places to eat in DF, after being gone from mexico for 1.5 years I dream about food from Sanborns. It's a department store that has a cafe inside. It's like comfort food. Man I'm hungry.

• 1 year later...

I wanted to refresh this thread as I'll be heading to Mexico City next month.

I've done some research and have seen that there are some local brands: Turrents, Santa Clara, etc.

Any other tips or advice for Mexican boutique cigars to purchase?

Thanks in advance for the help,

Ben

Here we go smile.png

Cigar shops:

there are 3 LCDH in Mexico City.

1 in Polanco (the best cigar shop in town)

1 in the south side in a mall called Plaza Loreto (great one also)

1 in the Santa Fe part of the city (in a shopping mall called Samara) has a bar also

There are also 2 more shops worth checking out

1 in the Condesa-roma corridor called el Cigarrito that has a great selection of Cubans and NC's The owner is called Gerardo Barreda, and he is a great guy.

The other one is The Davidoff Shop in Santa Fe in a shopping mall called Centro Santa Fe.

Outsides of this shops I wouldn't shop in any other shop as you can find fakes or really bad stored cigars.

If you are not near any of these places an need to get some, there are also shops all over the city called Sanborns or liquor stores called "La Europea" (very nice wine stores) where you cand find genuine habanos but sometimes not the best quality (although i have found gems long forgotten in their humidors).

Restaurants:

There thousands of restaurants literally down in Mexico city, you can't smoke inside almost all of them, but a lot have a smoking section in the patio where you can enjoy a cigar and no one will give you a hard time.

Depending on your budget, you can go to something as nice as a cheap and cheerful cafe, or to one of the 50 best guide restaurants biggrin.png

There is a bodeguita del medio in the condesa-roma part of town, where you can enjoy a great cigar and lovely mojitos (a lot better than the one in Cuba IMHO.

or you could go to a steak house called "beef bar" in the Camino Real Hotel, in the Polanco area which has great food and wine and an awesome closed someking space.

or there are always the Four Seasons and the St. Regis Hotels, which have very good cigar areas also.

If you want more info or something more local, PM and I'll gladly help

What a LEGEND biggrin.png

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
Prices down there are absurd.

Yes it is. I've been there the last two years on trips and plan on goin next yr as well and the prices are crazy. Goodness gracious. But nothing beats Canada and the prices I saw in a few Montreal shops...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

On 13/11/2017 at 8:57 PM, Hamaki said:

Headed to Mexico City in the near future and curious if anyone has had a recent experience at the places mentioned above 

All the info is still up to date, and also there are two new cigar bars that are absolutely fantastic

the first one is Cigar Point at Mercado Roma in the Colonia Roma (hip part of the city) ask for Hector the owner, absolutely great guy and awesome spot, very modern an hip!

the second one is cigar bar delegados at Polanco, a secret gem that believe it or not is hidden behind a london telephone booth, just finding it is a lot of fun.

As some mention above price can be on the high side, but also you can find vintage gems at quite good prices, specially in LCDH Polanco or Loreto. As for Mexican cigars, there is a Turrent cafe in polaco, but your best bet would be El cigarrito in condesa, Gerardo is the ownr and also an awesome guy

• Like 1