Favorite RyJ PC?

Favorite RyJ PC?  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've not smoked across all of these so can't offer a qualified opinion.

Only one of the above I maintain is the Coronitas en Cedro as a hand-out smoke in situations where I expect I'll find a few put down shortly in, though occasionally I'll smoke one and sometimes they're pretty good.

They can be a bit hit or miss but usually seem to offer a nice cedary pre-light draw. I had a friend once comment they taste so good unlit why light them.

RyJ No.2. Along with the RyJ Churchill T, these are my absolute favourite tubos.

They're always consistent, always good, always ready fresh, and always humbling. Brings me back to my first box buy when i used to sell them to chaps at my local high school. The tubes were a nice little addition that i used to do all sorts of things with. Now i've a decent amount of them just lying around.

Always felt nice because when i go to a bar or small informal get together, i can just reach into my humi, grab one out, and rush out the door with it in hand. Don't have to worry if i don't smoke it because of added protection and somewhat maintained humidity.

Plus, with their price, i never feel bad about chucking them half way if need be.

Haven't tried any of those except the PC, only because it was part of the blind cigar pack from last time. Really enjoyed it too, and I swore it was a Siglo II. I also really enjoyed the RyJ churchill, maybe I should give RyJ a chance again but it's hard to forget the horrible box of Short churchills which are finally gone and will not be missed.

Had to vote for the tubos -

for sentimental reasons as they were one of my first cuban cigars.

Alex

• Like 1

Smoking a Mille Fleurs ('12) as I type. This cigar literally cried out my name from amongst my singles with such pungent aroma. Flavour profile is spot on too. Fantastic for the price.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

The tubos No 1&2 were the only cigars I smoked in the nineties.. Box after box..

I like the PC but am now really enjoying the Mille Fleurs. These are from 2013 and the construction is simply amazing...I like to think the rollers tried just a little bit harder for the aficionado with a small wallet..

I used to keep boxes of the coronitas around as yard-gars and mooch sticks. Once they've aged a bit they are pretty tasty, but honestly, I'm still waiting for anything from this marca to change my mind and cause me to buy a box.

The recent Hermosos no.4 have tempted me, as have the Beli's that I've seen in the B&M. Wide church flavours are great but that vitola drives me bonkers.

• 7 months later...

The recent Hermosos no.4 have tempted me, as have the Beli's that I've seen in the B&M. Wide church flavours are great but that vitola drives me bonkers.

My thoughts exactly. But get Rob to send you a couple select hermosos and a couple churchills. It will definitely change your mind.

Sent from my iPhone

I recently rediscovered the 2013 Coronitas en Cedro. It's become my favorite RJ, period, and one of my favorite cigars of all. Spicy, lots of red pepper and cedar, strong, doesn't need age. It isn't complex but it's a great 45-60 minute smoke. To be fair I have smoked only two of the others on this list and they were from a few years ago, when RJ seemed to be off the mark. But with the ultra low price on these I'm happy.