Plugged HURR

This reminds me - how exactly do manufacturers "draw test" cigars? Is there some lucky SOB who gets to lip every cigar that gets bunched, or is it some sort of machine that gauges the flow of air when subjected to a vacuum?

This reminds me - how exactly do manufacturers "draw test" cigars? Is there some lucky SOB who gets to lip every cigar that gets bunched, or is it some sort of machine that gauges the flow of air when subjected to a vacuum?

There is a machine that tests it - this link will show you how its done :)

Had my first last week and I hesitate to use the word plugged, but it was TIGHT. Draw poker helped - a little - but sucking a dowel really makes it difficult to evaluate whether there's any agreeable flavor there. Not a good experience.

Had a 2-year-old HURR recently. It was tight like a good Cuban should be (lookaround.gif ), but not plugged. Overall, I was surprised at how similar it tasted to the HUPC - guess I was expecting a little more something or another. These do seem to be quite popular, so perhaps overproduction is starting to rear its ugly head?