Roosevelt Shanghai tonight May 7th, 2014

Hi Folks,

I'll be hanging out at the Roosevelt Lounge in Shanghai tonight, in case someone local would like to meet up.

Cheers,

Claus

you should use grinder Claus!!!!

rotfl.gifrotfl.gifrotfl.gif

• Like 3

What's grinder?

ohhhhhhh, you know!

I'm particularly slow . . . what's 'grinder?' does it have something to do with 'Event?' tongue.png

I honestly have no frigging idea - I must be slow as well.

Sounds like fun somehow, though...

Maybe look at Tinder first?

I ended up going with two colleagues. It was pretty empty. Decent lounge but could use a bit of refurbishing. Had an outstanding La Escepcion RE. I used neither Tinder nor Grinder ;)

Wish I was there. Loved it. Did u eat there?

Outside of my budget ;)

I'll be in Shenzhen 5/13 - 5/17 in case anyone wants to meet up. Do you know any good cigar lounges there?

Outside of my budget wink.png

I'll be in Shenzhen 5/13 - 5/17 in case anyone wants to meet up. Do you know any good cigar lounges there?

Though I'm studying Mandarin, I haven't been out to China yet. My funding for intensive language study out there this summer fell through, so I'll be remaining in the States again. How's your Chinese, Claus, and what exactly do you do there? (Shanghainese is a tough dialect – though most of the educated population speaks Mandarin, from what I understand.)

Though I'm studying Mandarin, I haven't been out to China yet. My funding for intensive language study out there this summer fell through, so I'll be remaining in the States again. How's your Chinese, Claus, and what exactly do you do there? (Shanghainese is a tough dialect – though most of the educated population speaks Mandarin, from what I understand.)

My Mandarin is terrible - I am very rusty since I haven't travelled to China regularly since 2009. Before that, I was there twice a month. I can still order a beer and play liar's dice at the KTV, though :innocent:

This trip I am visiting a bunch of contract manufacturers for my largest customer plus we have our annual sales meeting in Sanya (Hainan Island) the week after next.

Maybe look at Tinder first?

Tinder is just the male/female equivalent. Used for throwing useless banter around (see below - she didn't want a bar of it confused.gif ) although some people actually utilise it.

post-17193-0-70424600-1399617003_thumb.p

Tinder is just the male/female equivalent. Used for throwing useless banter around (see below - she didn't want a bar of it confused.gif ) although some people actually utilise it.

attachicon.gifimage.png

Least you could of done was hop on your pushie, mate!

Was in Rosvelt with my wife on Easter day. Had great dinner and nice after dinner in the smoking lounge.