The best IPA

hulklogan

I'm a huge IPA lover, and to date my top 3 favourites are:

1) Le Castor IPA (Yakima)

2) Heady Topper

3) Moralite

Any others? Best bang for your buck has to be the Boreal IPA. Damn good.

Pat

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My daily drinker is Sierra Nevada, either their IPA or Torpedo... good hoppiness and the price is right!

Lagunitas

Tried many and will continue to however my absolute favorite is Dogfish Head 90 minute.

My daily drinker is Sierra Nevada, either their IPA or Torpedo... good hoppiness and the price is right!

• Like 2

I don't care about the "hype", but Pliny really is the profile I like the most. I am really enjoying Crux Outcast IPA from Bend OR which reminds me of a poor man's Pliny. Too many IPA's out there that are good, which is a good thing. :)

The IPA I've enjoyed the most throughout my few years of beer adventuring is the Urthel Hop-It.

My favorite beer ever is the Russian River Supplication.

Coincidentally(?), both are available at the Belgian Cafe in Philadelphia. This place has good food and lots of great beer. I enjoy a visit at least once per year.

I'd have to say after drinking a ton of IPA's that if I could have one to drink readily available all year round it would be:

Lagunitas Sucks- amazing aroma, tropical fruit on the palate, so juicy, a touch of orange/grapefruit bitterness, it may be considered a DIPA at 7.8% but it's been the one beer in the last few years I drank and went woah I need to hoard or buy as much as I can. To my tastes it blows hopslam away. But that's just me.

Regular everyday I can find IPA I often go to Stone, or Dales Pale Ale from Oskar Blues, this beer is great as is everything else I've had by Oskar Blues, may not be considered an IPA but the abv at 6.5% and IBU's get it to what I consider an IPA, it really straddles that line so to speak. Honorable mention to SN Torpedo since it's not a year round beer but darn good and smooth for 7.5%.

Now all that being said I've never tried Pliny and I have 1 can of Heady in the fridge so maybe my thoughts will change but right here right now I'd say Lagunita's sucks for me.

Generally speaking I would say I don't drink IPAs. I mean, sure, I'd take an IPA from a good brewery over a Bud Light any day... but for the most part I tend to avoid IPAs like the plague. But I really like the Summit Saga. Won't drink it all night and would never buy it in bottles, but if I'm out and about and the bar has Saga on tap, I may get one just to mix up the rotation a bit.

~ Greg ~

I love IPA's. My current favorites:

-Green Flash West Coast IPA Big, hoppy, but balanced and refreshing. Long finish.

-Ballast Point Brewing Co. Big Eye IPA (They also make Sculpin, very good as well) The hoppier of the two. Extremely high quality, savory drier hops characteristic.

-TapIt IPA (local to me) very good, drinkable IPA. Growing their own hops in the Edna Valley.

-Honorable mention to Firestone IPA, another local brew. Good stuff.

my current favorite is Fat Tug buy driftwood brewery out of victoria bc also lord of the hops out of parellel 49 in east vancouver bc but it was discontinued also they have one called black hops that is really good

I don't care about the "hype", but Pliny really is the profile I like the most. I am really enjoying Crux Outcast IPA from Bend OR which reminds me of a poor man's Pliny. Too many IPA's out there that are good, which is a good thing. smile.png

Im also a big fan of the Elder.

Ive stood in line for the last 2 years for the Younger.

This year it was a 6 hr wait and last year it was a 2 hour wait. I dont think i will do it again

While I absolutely Love Lagunitas Sucks tonight after trying my first Heady Topper this jumps right to #1 but since I cant readily get it Sucks is still my top IPA I've had thats available in my area.

Russian River

Double IPA - Pliny the Elder

IPA - Blind Pig

Bear Republic

Double IPA - Cafe Racer 15

Double IPA - Racer X

IPA - Racer 5

Mission

Double IPA - Shipwrecked

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Just got a "sampler case" from SN - they have a "black IPA" that if they sold it by the case I would be filling my storeroom...

Although I usually lean towards Pale Ales, I tried Bridgeport IPA from Portland, Oregon on the weekend and loved it.

I'm also a fan of Bridgepport - drinks well, and the price is definitely right. Just hard to get out here in the sticks!!!