The best IPA

hulklogan

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My daily drinker is Sierra Nevada, either their IPA or Torpedo... good hoppiness and the price is right!

Lagunitas

Tried many and will continue to however my absolute favorite is Dogfish Head 90 minute.

While I absolutely Love Lagunitas Sucks tonight after trying my first Heady Topper this jumps right to #1 but since I cant readily get it Sucks is still my top IPA I've had thats available in my area.

Check our dirt wolf if you haven't already. Great dipa and like a smaller heady imo

I'm not nearly the hophead I was a few years back. Haven't brewed a highly hopped beer in probably a decade.

Got in to the heavily hopped beers in the mid-90's with Tuppers Hop Pocket, one of the original super-hopped beers, about the time I started home-brewing. Dogfish Head is the next one I recall kindling the movement to higher IBU beers.

Living in Atlanta I have good access to Sweetwater's occasional limited Dank Tank offerings, some of which can rip your head off with their hops. Had a Green Flash Palate Wrecker recently that did just as advertised.

I've made many IPAs, NW Pale Ales, Imperial Stouts and other super IBU brews but found as my predilection for enjoying fine cigars increased my taste for hoppy beers subsided as I found the hoppiness overwhelmed the nuances of the smoke.

Still have an IPA from time to time but not when I'm smoking a decent cigar. Others find this true?

I'm not nearly the hophead I was a few years back. Haven't brewed a highly hopped beer in probably a decade.

Got in to the heavily hopped beers in the mid-90's with Tuppers Hop Pocket, one of the original super-hopped beers, about the time I started home-brewing. Dogfish Head is the next one I recall kindling the movement to higher IBU beers.

Living in Atlanta I have good access to Sweetwater's occasional limited Dank Tank offerings, some of which can rip your head off with their hops. Had a Green Flash Palate Wrecker recently that did just as advertised.

I've made many IPAs, NW Pale Ales, Imperial Stouts and other super IBU brews but found as my predilection for enjoying fine cigars increased my taste for hoppy beers subsided as I found the hoppiness overwhelmed the nuances of the smoke.

Still have an IPA from time to time but not when I'm smoking a decent cigar. Others find this true?

I usually go for a darker beer, English Barleywine, Scotch ales, stouts, and Belgian strong ales. Seems to pair better, though the occasional Saison can pair wonderfully well with a lighter smoke.

I usually go for a darker beer, English Barleywine, Scotch ales, stouts, and Belgian strong ales. Seems to pair better, though the occasional Saison can pair wonderfully well with a lighter smoke.

I agree. I've found Trappist Abbey ales in particular with their fruity flavors and maltiness over hops tend to pair much better with cigars .

I don't care for IPAs in general. If smoking cigars, I recommend avoiding them like Mike mentioned. bitterness numbs the palate and overwhelms subtle flavors.

The list of good IPAs are endless. My go to selection:

Surly Abrasive

Surly Wet

Ballast Point Sculpin

Odell Myrcenary

Lagunitas Sucks

All are knock your socks off though, the ABVs can be dangerous!

Founder's All Day IPA for a great session IPA.

I don't care for IPAs in general. If smoking cigars, I recommend avoiding them like Mike mentioned. bitterness numbs the palate and overwhelms subtle flavors.

I disagree. I find a good IPA refreshes and even clears the palate while smoking a cigar. I dislike something sweet, cloying, or overly malty as the flavor persists and overcomes the flavors in the cigar.

Not sure if you can get your hands on it in your neck of the woods, but Hop Bazooka IPA from the Bellarine Peninsula in Victoria, Aust is simply superb.

Hoppier than a three-legged roo and crisper than a Greenland morning. Perfect for a summer's day. It's so hoppy, though, I'm not sure it would pair with a cigar.

Clown Shoes has some phenomenal beers. Galactica IPA is one of the tops on my list.

Recently tried an imperial red lager IPA that was insanely good.

Yeah, I really like their stout, especially the Blaecorn Unidragon. They have weird fantasy labels and names that scream 'try hard' but the beer is excellent from what I've tried. I'd like to see how they go with a normal 'not dark' IPA. I'll keep my eyes open for the Galactica. Cheers.

Do you guys get Mikeller in sweden? I would imagine you do...?

Yes we have! We have a MikkellerBar here in Stockholm.

Have try a lots of there beer.

But you can get some of his brother Ewil Twin?

Skickat från min LG-D855 via Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...