The best IPA

hulklogan

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My daily drinker is Sierra Nevada, either their IPA or Torpedo... good hoppiness and the price is right!

Lagunitas

Tried many and will continue to however my absolute favorite is Dogfish Head 90 minute.

By far, Lagunitas Sucks is my favorite IPA. Followed closely by The Alchemist's Focal Banger and Westbrook's Shanes Big DIPA.

Lagunitas Sucks is amazing, there have been rumors that it's going year round!

• 3 weeks later...

If you can find a place pouring Dog Fish Head 90 Min IPA on tap please try it.A fantastic mix of smooth hops and maple.Simply outstanding.I also like Dale,s Pale Ale(sold in 6pack of cans.)There are so many new and good craft breweries out there today.Its gonna take time but i think I can try them all.......over

If you can find a place pouring Dog Fish Head 90 Min IPA on tap please try it.A fantastic mix of smooth hops and maple.Simply outstanding.I also like Dale,s Pale Ale(sold in 6pack of cans.)There are so many new and good craft breweries out there today.Its gonna take time but i think I can try them all.......over

Okar Blues is great I was lucky enough to visit one of the brewpubs last year and Deviant Dale on tap is the goods, also Ten Fidy is amazing and even better with about 2 years on it

Timothy Taylor "Landlord"Pale ale,Greene King IPA,Worthington White Shield.All bottled.

• 4 weeks later...

I had many and for me the best balanced IPA I had so far is our local Propeller DIPA. I will continue to try others. As far as combining an IPA with a cigar, I didn't have any issues.

Tried many and will continue to however my absolute favorite is Dogfish Head 90 minute.

+1!party.gif

I'm also a past fan of Flying Dog Double Dog IPA (haven't been able to find it here in Tennessee for a few years) and Hop Wallop as well.

• 3 months later...

MMMM IPAs......love this thread is still going.

Funny never seen a thread....fav pils, fav lager or favorite porter. IPAs have taken over!

IPA

Stone IPA

Ballast Point Sculpin

Green Flash WC IPA

BR Racer 5

Double IPA

Firestone Walker Double Jack

Dogfish 90 Min

Swamp Ape IIPA

RYE IPA

BR Hop Rod Rye

Great beer in Ottawa - Muskoka IPA (sp?)

UK - Ilkley Brewery Mary Jane IPA

Not striclty an IPA but I had a great beer in Adelaide from the Barossa - Pepperjack Ale. Fantastic.

Any IPA loves in the Los Angeles area should proceed immediately to Beachwood Brewing in Long Beach. I'd put their IPAs -- Melrose, Thrillseeker, and Amalgamator in particular -- alongside Pliny, Heady Topper, Zombie Dust, etc. If you like your IPA crisp and clean (unlike Lagunitas Sucks, for example) then Beachwood is the brewery for you.

Living in Asheville, I'm in craft beer heaven. Below are my top three.

Perfect Day IPA (Asheville Brewing)

RED-iculous (Catawba Brewing)

IPA (Green Man Brewing)

Honorable mention goes to Asheville Brewing's Fire Escape jalapeño IPA.

• Like 1

I'm relatively new to IPA's but some of my favorites include:

MO FROM Maine brewing company

Green Flash West Coast IPA

Rogue Dead Guy

IP Eh - It's Canadian!!

Rogue Chipotle IPA

Laginita (sp) Hop Stoopid

Arrogant Bastard

And a few others I'm forgetting