The best IPA

hulklogan

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My daily drinker is Sierra Nevada, either their IPA or Torpedo... good hoppiness and the price is right!

Lagunitas

Tried many and will continue to however my absolute favorite is Dogfish Head 90 minute.

For a local brew (to Texas) Karbach Hopadillo is pretty hard to beat. but my best so far has to be the Pliny the Elder clone I brewed, if the real thing is as good it must be the top!

Anything with Citra Hops seems to be really good.

My current favorite IPAs are:

Ninja vs. Unicorn by Pipeworks

Zombie Dust by Three Floyds

Two Hearted by Bell's (centennial hops)

Not usually the best pairings with cigars for me but damn fine beers

I'm a big fan of Sierra Nevada both the IPA and the Torpedo extra. It's amazing how far IPA's in general have come in the last few decades. There are just so many amazing choices, is it possible that life can get any better than this? ;-)

--E

• 3 weeks later...

I'll add another to this list: Maine Brewing Co "Lunch" Ipa.

If you are an east coaster like myself then you should know about flower power. Ithaca's flower power ipa is a go to and a regular ipa for me. I think that lunch just surpassed that as the new go to ipa that is readily available

Totally agree. Zombie dust is stunning. But day-to-day, available IPA's, my favorite is Rhinegeist Truth.

Rhinegeist Truth!!!! I'm enjoying one right now! I love about 15 minutes from the brewery. Are you in Cincy? It's not sold many other places.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could drink Maine Beer Co. Lunch all day every day. Very balanced and crisp, good sweetness up front, nice citric finish. Yum.

My favorite beer of 2014 was an IPA from Allagash called Hugh Malone. Really just the perfect IPA.

absolutely, I find myself craving it more and more. Exactly what I want in an ipa with a good blast of tropical fruit/citrus

Blind Pig IPA, Pliny the Elder, and Pliny the Younger. Tried all 3 the other day. The Younger was so smooth for 10.3% alcohol and it only cost me $3.50 for a pint.

I'm with u.. Pliny the elder all day long. My fav from all....

I have liked, I say liked just because I don't drink too much of them anymore. I havn't really been following the American ipa war lately. So I liked Dogfish 60, 90, and 120.

Mendicino Brewery s White hawk ipa

Hop Devil, Brewed right here in Pennsylvania.

Anymore, for every day beers its usually Sierra Nevada's pale or torpedo and I drink alot of Samuel Adams beers of all varieties.

I really like the Victory Dirt Wolf. Profound grapefruit flavors on the finish.

Victory brewing is an hour ride from my place. Can't wait for the warm weather as we usually ride the scooters out for lunch.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...