Papa, and the Pilar

rshacklefordiv

I just got back from Cuba, and I saw Hemingway's house and his boat. I was also reading Islands in the stream. In it, there is a really good passage about a multi-hour battle with a fish. A must read for a deep sea fishermen. Thought I'd share. I'll link to my blog with pictures when I get the post up.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I just got back from Cuba, and I saw Hemingway's house and his boat. I was also reading Islands in the stream. In it, there is a really good passage about a multi-hour battle with a fish. A must read for a deep sea fishermen. Thought I'd share. I'll link to my blog with pictures when I get the post up.

Your heading also bespeaks of a seriously tasty premium rum from the islands!

i remember that passage being a liftout in the local weekend paper, back when papers did that sort of stuff. i was a schoolkid. really made an impression. have read the book several times (read most of his several times). fabulous stuff.

and the house is amazing.

my first visit there, i took a bottle of champagne and drank it with friends in the grounds. i like to think it was the first champagne consumed there since papa H left. i can't imagine the communist government cracking many.