What are you up to for the weekend?

What ate you up to for this weekend?

I will head to the airport in a couple of hours to pick up Gino who I hope managed to catch some sleep on the leg from Singapore.

Will check him in to the hotel (around the corner from us) and then back to Czars where Smithy will take him for a tour around Brisbane before heading back to the deck mid afternoon to catch up with the Friday afternoon local member reprobates.....much wine/cigars and song!

Di/Smithy/Gino and I will have dinner tonight at a fabourite little restaurant before he turns in for some no doubt much needed sleep.

Tomorrow off to the beach where I have booked a Skyhome. High floor, panoramic views of the Gold Coast beache should be great and we (Di/Smithy/Gino and myself will be joined by Lisa and Frank.

Will post some photo's over the weekend.

Have a great one and let us know what you are up to!

• Like 1

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

you win....

Waiting to catch my flight from NY to Madrid then on to Barcelona for 5 days.. bought tickets a while back to the fc Barca vs Athletico match for my 1st euro football tilt.. and it turns out to be the

If I tell you, you'll just laugh at me! I... will be setting up... a chicken coop. Getting some peepers in tomorrow, so in a few months on we will have fresh eggs for morning omlets! Haven't had t

you win....

• Like 3

I just arrived in Monteverde Costa Rica. Weekend planning to do some zip lining canyoneering maybe some bungee jumping and then off to la fortuna on Sunday maybe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picking up my 19 year old at college after his sophomore year ends tomorrow. Moving him back home for the summer. He has a brutal summer lined up - life guarding at a local pool where he gets to sit and watch cute girls all day. I'm envious.

• Like 1

Sounds sublime Rob! Cheers have a good one!

I'm working again tonight for the first time in almost 3 months.. Longest I've gone unemployed since joining the workforce and since I went on Hiatus after 2013's Armageddon. Fancy little tapas restaurant.. Towns swelled too 140% normal population for triple J's one night stand this weekend.. It's fair to say its a trial by fire.
Tomorrow I have the "May Meander" a motorcycle club ride organized in honor of a fallen member from before my time. Two day event, All day tomorrow and half of Sunday. Around 200-300k's each day, Veteran to classic motorcycles, Pub lunch and roast dinner Saturday and lunch Sunday. I'm looking forward to spending some time on the road with my old bikes surrounded by old heads and old bikes. Always a place of Zen for me.

Sunday evening I'm taking a friend out to a disused industrial estate with a bike he's just purchased and am going to spend the afternoon helping him grow his confidence and brush up on his skills so he can apply for and get his motorcycle license.

Jurys out if I go to the triple J music festival yet.. I've generally enjoyed live music.. especially on a big scale like that.. But never before when I both haven't known any bands or the music they're playing.. That and astoundingly.. I feel kinda old for it. :P

Waiting to catch my flight from NY to Madrid then on to Barcelona for 5 days.. bought tickets a while back to the fc Barca vs Athletico match for my 1st euro football tilt.. and it turns out to be the 1st winner takes all for the title since 1951.. then to top it off on to Monaco for my first F1 Grand Prix(huge fan).. of course I have my travel humidor full of goodies.

• Like 3

If I tell you, you'll just laugh at me!

I... will be setting up... a chicken coop. Getting some peepers in tomorrow, so in a few months on we will have fresh eggs for morning omlets! Haven't had the space to do this until we moved out to the middle of the forest, and always wanted to.

OK, Go ahead, laugh away... Next installment will be the new greenhouse and rebuilding/strengthening the shop! (Aren't you glad you're not hitched to me?? --giggles--)

Sus

• Like 2

Avoiding getting fatter on my birthday. Enjoying being with the family.

GODZILLA

Tell me how it is I've heard very mixed reviews

I am still in China. Will be making my way from Shenzhen to Sanya on Hainan Island tomorrow morning (Saturday) and enjoy the beach before our WW sales meeting commences. Glad I brought plenty of sticks on this trip since so far all I've seen are fakes.

my birthday weekend hitting up local restaurant the irish heather whiskey bar in gastown vancouver friday then on the boat up to Gibson bc saturday then family dinner sunday and hangover day monday haha I have 5cigars planned for the weekend a siglo IV a SLR double corona a behike 54(bday night) ramon allones extra and last but not the least a petit edmundo

Waiting to catch my flight from NY to Madrid then on to Barcelona for 5 days.. bought tickets a while back to the fc Barca vs Athletico match for my 1st euro football tilt.. and it turns out to be the 1st winner takes all for the title since 1951.. then to top it off on to Monaco for my first F1 Grand Prix(huge fan).. of course I have my travel humidor full of goodies.

Niiiicccee!!! I'm so looking forward to this match! Camp Nou is an amazing stadium. Also i would suggest to watch the Finale of the German cup (Bayern Munich - Dortmund), which is right after, but i think whoever wins in Spain, no one in Barcelona will care about that game. Oh, and prepare to be blown away by the city, if Barca can take it home.

Also you can probably find nice cigars in Barcelona, so you maybe don't need to take that much of a provision with you.

F1 in Monaco, to watch it live, must be amazing. At which part of the circuit will you sit? I once watched the GP in Hungary, it's a great an loud (!) experience.

My weekend plans are pretty much already summed up, 2 x Football + Monaco. But all in front of the TV and with some nice cigars.. :)

• Like 1

Niiiicccee!!! I'm so looking forward to this match! Camp Nou is an amazing stadium. Also i would suggest to watch the Finale of the German cup (Bayern Munich - Dortmund), which is right after, but i think whoever wins in Spain, no one in Barcelona will care about that game. Oh, and prepare to be blown away by the city, if Barca can take it home.

Also you can probably find nice cigars in Barcelona, so you maybe don't need to take that much of a provision with you.

F1 in Monaco, to watch it live, must be amazing. At which part of the circuit will you sit? I once watched the GP in Hungary, it's a great an loud (!) experience.

My weekend plans are pretty much already summed up, 2 x Football + Monaco. But all in front of the TV and with some nice cigars.. smile.png

It's a huge weekend of high stakes football. My biased picks in bold biggrin.png

FA Cup final (Arsenal v Hull) here at 2am, Barca vs Atletico at 4am and then the German Cup final (Bayern v Dortmund).

• Like 1

Cigar shops in Barcelona:

Casa Fuster: 29 Rambla de Catalunya

Gimeno: End of Las Ramblas

There is also a cracking shop in front of Barcelona's main cathedral!!

All with an excellent selection of Cubans and non Cubans if you fancy them.

I'll be at the match in Camp Nou (I live in Barcelona). Enjoy mate!!