Knives

Pedro2486

Seems funny to see this.

A while ago, I was in Canadian Tire (a sort of home supplies department store chain that we have here - automotive stuff, kitchen and bath, outdoors stuff, sporting goods). Definitely NOT a cream of the crop kind of store.

That said, they had a set of gorgeous knives in there recently on display, that I ALMOST fell for buying - for my wife for her birthday (but really for me to use to cook for her, LOL). I think they were Lagostina or another similar brand that has that name recognition, but that has unfortunately gone wayward to the mass-production / mass-marketing side of things.

But, they were made out of this wonderful stainless and Damascus steel blend that made them just amazing to look at and hold. Don't think they were really quite worth the $800 CDN or so (set of 8 or so, and in a fancy wood block), but I was VERY tempted.

Funny - once you get into one craftsman-type pleasure, how you start to enjoy and appreciate the finer things and details in other items of handmade artisanship.