Sancho Panza Non Plus

Background

For me, the Sancho Panza marca isn't something to "seek out". While I've enjoyed my fair share of Belicoso Finos & Sanchos, it's not a very popular marca and with so many other go to cigars, those of us that have a few boxes find they stay hidden in the back of the humidor and only come out when we seek a change of pace. Tonight, a change of pace awaits: The Non Plus.

post-53-0-43263900-1401255133_thumb.jpg

The Review

ABR JUL 11.

Construction: A well made cigar with a nice silky brown wrapper. A decent sheen on it. Draw is perfect. I've paired this with a Cerveza Cristal. wink2.gif

Prelight aroma & Flavor: Smelled of old paper. Kind of like a library book that hasn't been opened in a few years. Pre light draw is musty.

First 3rd: Up front tobacco taste. Not at all refined. Almost the same straightforward tobacco taste of a peso cigar. There's a saltiness that coates the tounge and the palate. The saltiness is almost a mineral salty taste, not table salt. Not at all displeasing, just very different.

Second 3rd: That musty/basement flavor and smell from a good pu-erh tea is predominant. Saltiness continues with the aftertase one gets in ones mouth after eating a handful of walnuts. Very unique and unlike any other Cuban cigar I can remember in recent memory.

Final 3rd: Not much change from the second 3rd. Pu-erh tea flavors continue to build and the salty/mineral continues to coat the palate.

Conclusion

88/100 A great value mareva. As I mentioned, this is not something I would seek out but if I had a chance to grab a box that looked great or had some age already on it for a good pirce, I wouldn't hesistate to add to a collection. This is a mareva that needs to be smoked slowly to be enjoyed. Quickly smoking or being distracted would likely result in people finding it bland or very odd.

• Like 1

This is a mareva that needs to be smoked slowly to be enjoyed.
Quickly smoking or being distracted would lilely result in people finding it bland or very odd.

I absolutely agree.

Thanks for this good review, cheers!

Nice review - Sancho Panza is a brand that I always overlook as well, although I have enjoyed what I have smoked - the German RE from a couple of years ago was a great smoke

I also know someone who has really got into them recently so I really need to start trying some more from them! :)