Bolivar Especiales no 2 Regional Alemania

Box 2372/2400

Recently acquired a box of these to fully embrace my 25% German heritage. This is hands down my favorite vitola, every marca should have this size in my opinion as well as a britanicas. I am just a 20 year old kid in college so my opinion doesn't matter much. As a side note I am mostly Armenian and am in the process of trying to find someone to make me "Exclusivo Armenia" bands for all of my custom rolls, so if anyone could point me in the right direction it would be appreciated. This is my first review by the way so here we go!!

1st third

Opens with a roasted nut note that evolves into coffee and cocoa. Easy light and great smoke production the ash holds on long and falls right at the end of the first third. The draw was just a tad tight that opens when the ash falls. Ends with sold delicious dark chocolate.Sight burn correction nothing bad by any means. The dark chocolate continues.

2nd third

For a couple puffs there is a salted almond taste that is divine, this fades away to have more cocoa. Very easy through the nose, no harshness at all and delivers with baking chocolate that amazes. At this point in the cigar I decided to write this review. The smoke smells intoxicating, and even my mother comments on the cocoa like notes. the burn has corrected itself and become razor sharp. Ash falls right after the second photo. Almond notes show again side-by-side with the cocoa. The cigar is not sweet in anyway and I believe it benefits from this.

Final Third

Burn continues to be razor sharp and the nut notes continue. Rich dark 72% cocoa dark chocolate emerges as the cigar seems to be building up in intensity. Smoke production is fantastic. I love smoking cigars at my fraternity parties that billow smoke. This cigar will be in the rotation for those purposes for sure. The build up in strength and flavor continues with more rich bakers chocolate. I smoke right down the end.

Final Thoughts:

This cigar is easily in the top 3 cigars I have ever smoked. Better than the Conde 54, much better than the 2012 CoLa i had yesterday. This cigar is right up there with a 1998 SS number 2, my first monte 2, and a couple other magical cigars. While there was not much evolution per-say, the cigar started strong and delicious from the beginning to the very end. I have only smoked one of these, but I am already looking for two more boxes, there goes my idea of picking up the La Escpecion Selectos Finos which seem to be going for more money and less cigar... Whoops! 97 points, I hope I can find more boxes as these will not be lasting long.

• Like 3

Nice review, they're a damn good smoke!

Cheers mate. If you ever want to split a multi box order let me know. I think some German retailers might still have them. pm me if needed.

Dan

Will do brother, I had to get these on the secondary market. I couldn't find them from a retailer.

• Like 1

One of the best RE's ever,

I wish all Bolis were that good.

Thanks for the review!

Alex

Will do brother, I had to get these on the secondary market. I couldn't find them from a retailer.

That is about the strength of it now I'm afraid. The main retailers are down to odd singles. But in saying that a BOTL friend did manage to snag a box from a kiosk on one of the Berlin stations.

Good review of an excellent cigar.

• 6 years later...