Summer Fishing on the Texas Coast heating up!

jeremyk

Being a school teacher I get off all summer to fish. We'll this past Friday was our last day so I thought to myself why not fish Saturday morning with on of my best friends who also teaches with me. Well we decided to wade fish one of our favorite spots that really turns on as the weather heats up the bolivar pocket. So u wake up early and launch the boat in the dark n get to the pocket just as the sun starts coming over the horizon n hop out the boat. We r throwing top water super spook jr's cause there isn't anything more exciting then hearing a redfish or speckled trout blowing up a tip water water plug. We fish for a bit before we start hooking up and end up with 4 or five trout a piece before the bite stops and then decide to head back early in time to make breakfast n coffee at our favorite Mexican food joint. Any way I think it's hard to beat fishing the Texas coast during the summer! Anyone have a favorite cigar to smoke with fishing? Haven't lite one up while fishing before but I am planning on next time if we r drifting in the boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk