Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No out takes.....because the whole thing is an out take Enjoy...or otherwise

in the time you wrote that...

"You cut too much...you cut too little....." I can't win

Love the trousers... Er.. Pajamas or whatever you may call them... Did you

make them yourself?

picked them up in a bangkok market a few years back. one of my fave possessions.

and if you think they are bad, wait till you see rob's shirt from the vid review of this week (should be up in a few months). look like a peacock threw up.

You guys are hilarious! Ken is in top form, especially with his "clean" feet. Cheers. (P.S. I love outtakes) (P.P.S. Will you guys consider re-reviewing the aged Cohiba siglo II from KIU Nov 04 PCC vintage program that you reviewed on June 17,2009...)

Was just going to comment on the pants. Marvelous pair! And I'd like to point out, and indeed ask, that you wore those same pants in your first review of the Lusitania's back in 2009 – was this in fabulous taste or excellent coincidence?

I would have loved to have heard some more serious discussion on what could have made this a 100, or what makes a better cigar. That was a very poignant question for such a review. Thanks, gentlemen.

Was just going to comment on the pants. Marvelous pair! And I'd like to point out, and indeed ask, that you wore those same pants in your first review of the Lusitania's back in 2009 – was this in fabulous taste or excellent coincidence?

I would have loved to have heard some more serious discussion on what could have made this a 100, or what makes a better cigar. That was a very poignant question for such a review. Thanks, gentlemen.

first, complete coincidence. but kudos on your good taste in pants. so to speak.

second, really terrifyingly spooky that someone noticed.

third, completely agree. rob totally squibbed the question. shame!

first, complete coincidence. but kudos on your good taste in pants. so to speak.

second, really terrifyingly spooky that someone noticed.

third, completely agree. rob totally squibbed the question. shame!

In Cambodia this January/February, I grabbed a couple of interesting (and some very fine) pieces of clothing. I would have rejoiced in finding some nicely-made, funky pants. Unfortunately, it was difficult to find any high quality hand-mades outside of high-priced tourist holes. Everyone is trying to pass off the cheap stuff nowadays. A couple of us were discouraged at how prevalent this trend seems to have become – especially the old timers who've been visiting for 15 years or so. Even (perhaps especially) local villagers are hustling mass production, low quality imports in an attempt to mimic the carefully-made goods of the past.

Side note, I'm from Jersey and still have yet to be convinced that "The Boss" is deserving of his title. Perhaps I could use some education on the subject, as many men that I have much respect for (particularly musically) herald Bruce as a class act.

Side note, I'm from Jersey and still have yet to be convinced that "The Boss" is deserving of his title. Perhaps I could use some education on the subject, as many men that I have much respect for (particularly musically) herald Bruce as a class act.

i think that should read "the class act"!

just keep listening. all will be revealed.

Oooh that's got me thinking now. Good choices, particularly For You, an under rated classic. I might swap Backstreets for Atlantic City (Nebraska version) though.

Oooh that's got me thinking now. Good choices, particularly For You, an under rated classic. I might swap Backstreets for Atlantic City (Nebraska version) though.

backstreets (plus thunder road), even more than born to run, was the song that flicked the switch. along with jungleland but if only three.

hard choices.

Thunder Road would have to be the live version off the box set, piano only. Damn that means no room for racing in the streets (live version). I might need a longer service!

i'd need more tolerant friends.

I might just ask them to use a lower gas level, take a bit longer

I enjoyed the review as always but is there any chance of elaborating more on the flavours you guys were getting?

I enjoyed the review as always but is there any chance of elaborating more on the flavours you guys were getting?

have you not seen the collection of empty wine bottles, spirits etc etc piled up on the table?

so absolutely no chance.

correct. there i absolutely no need to thank you.

Had I any feelings left, they might be hurt....

That aside, a couple of thoughts / questions -

You mentioned balance, which I love - for me it implies that there is a measure of complexity and / or evolution, versus monotony - I'm assuming this to be the case with these cigars?

I'm also curious as to whether you guys think these are true to / have traits of the marque. To be quite honest, for me this tends to mean less and less - a great cigar is a great cigar - but I'm interested nonetheless.

Thanks.

post-296-0-70633200-1401921526_thumb.jpg

Had I any feelings left, they might be hurt....

That aside, a couple of thoughts / questions -

You mentioned balance, which I love - for me it implies that there is a measure of complexity and / or evolution, versus monotony - I'm assuming this to be the case with these cigars?

I'm also curious as to whether you guys think these are true to / have traits of the marque. To be quite honest, for me this tends to mean less and less - a great cigar is a great cigar - but I'm interested nonetheless.

Thanks.

attachicon.giffeeties.jpg

Ross

To me the PGR does share the DNA of a Lusi. Beautiful toasted tobacco, cream, lilts of honey ...comes and goes. I don't smoke a lot of DC because I can find myself getting bored. Not once was I bored here

I think I mentioned that every whisp of smoke (and the smoke was viscous... coating the tongue) had flavour, varying flavours.

iI have now had a fair few of these but that was ken's first. it was a kick to see him enjoy it so much.

. it was a kick to see him enjoy it so much.

That's half the pleasure for me in sharing a great cigar with someone! And flavors or not, it was clear you both loved this smoke, and that's all I need in a review!