Romeo y Julieta

RyJ No.2 -

Not bad but there are many better marevas for that price...

RyJ Churchill-T -

Love them because: one of the cheaper Churchills out there.

Cheaper? I see it at one of the most pricier, whether online or in Europe…

RyJ Petit Julieta -

Agressive when young IMHO, and very pricey for the size

RyJ Wide Churchill -

beware of underfilled - must not to be purchased blind…

Just a gentle reminder -

no prices no sources (FOH 7 Commandments Rule #5).

the more we keep it tidy the better for us. Thanks.

Cheers!

Whoops...sorry...My Bad!! I specifically didn't name the other place that I used previously but didn't think before I posted that!!

Just gone and had a refresh just in case!

Whoops...sorry...My Bad!! I specifically didn't name the other place that I used previously but didn't think before I posted that!!

Just gone and had a refresh just in case!

No problem peace.gif

Churchill either tube or not

En Cedro No.2

No.2 Tubo

or

The Duke

I prefer to smoke the Churchill, but The Duke is one of my favourites, if not the all time favourite of mine… hard to find these days.

For six years up until 2013 my opening of boxes for R&J (in general would be)

Crap, Crap, Good, Crap, Crap, Good, Crap, Crap, good...repeat.

2013 to now.

Good, good, excellent, good, crap, excellent, good, good, crap, excellent, repeat.

Short Churchills are the only ones that have dropped away in quality.

Yikes! And I bought a box last night in your end of month clearance.

I don't smoke many RyJs and can't profess to be an expert on the marca. I have however really enjoyed the Cazadores whenever I've had one

RyJ No.2 -

Not bad but there are many better marevas for that price...

RyJ Churchill-T -

Love them because: one of the cheaper Churchills out there.

Cheaper? I see it at one of the most pricier, whether online or in Europe…

RyJ Petit Julieta -

Agressive when young IMHO, and very pricey for the size

RyJ Wide Churchill -

beware of underfilled - must not to be purchased blind…

Will agree with many other better Marevas. But they are (if i can recall) the cheapest Al tubo. great for catering weddings where occasional smokers can't tell the difference between a 1 and 10 YO cigar.

also good for me as i can just pocket it when heading to the local pub or grill and am not sure if i'd be smoking afterwards or not. admittingly, i could just get cheaper PCs i also like or what not and plop them into the tubes. i'm pretty sure i can get another box of RyJ 2s if i melted down all my leftover tubes and sold it as scrap Aluminium laugh.png

Churchills - nevermind. i was completely off. They're actually the 2nd most expensive. they are, however, the best ones available (IMHO) with an aged Esplendido and the Churchill de Luxe trailing a close 2nd and 3rd. [admittingly, i've never had a hoyo Churchill or SLR churchill]

Petit Julieta - will take your word on the young PJs... can't even find them young if i tried laugh.png

Wideys: purchased blind? do you mean research the box codes first (by asking around or venturing) or do you mean 'don't purchase blind' in general? If the sole reason you say that is because of the risk of underfilling, methinks that this Wide Churchiill would fall under the same jurisdiction as the MC 2s in terms of inconsistency.

but alas, these are things that can't be helped.

I have never been a big fan of Romeo y Julieta, especially fresh. However, with age, they can be quite good. I have some 2005 Exhibicion #4s from a cabinet that were bitter, one dimensional and just awful even at three years of age in 2008, but are absolutely phenomenal now: complex and balanced. Also have some 2006 Exhibicon #4s from a dress box that are coming along nicely, but not quite as good as the cabinet selection. Interestingly, I have found RyJ Churchills more approachable than most other RyJs at two or three years old, but still best smoked with a lot more rest in the humidor.

Yikes! And I bought a box last night in your end of month clearance.

If you went for Ex #4 like I did, hou have something to look forward to:

http://www.friendsofhabanos.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=109869&hl=%2Bexhibition+%2B4

Enjoy!

.......however, the best ones available (IMHO) with an aged Esplendido and the Churchill de Luxe trailing a close 2nd and 3rd.

If you haven't already, give the Upmann Sir Winston and Bolivar Corona Gigantes (as well as the Hoyo Churchill) a try. Personally, I'd take any of the three (four including the RyJ Churchill) over the Cohiba any time, every time.

One of my most lovely cigar experience so far was a few R&J Belicosos from 2006, smoked last summer. It was recommended by a vendor, and I most certainly didn't repent that purchase (along with one R&J Churchill, which was a nice cigar too).

Fun fact: my very first CC was a R&J Wide Churchill, that experience pushed me toward the road becoming an aficionado (hopefully some day).

If you haven't already, give the Upmann Sir Winston and Bolivar Corona Gigantes (as well as the Hoyo Churchill) a try. Personally, I'd take any of the three (four including the RyJ Churchill) over the Cohiba any time, every time.

oh lord almighty... i keep forgetting these churchills because they're not called churchills.... Funny, how my mind works, sometimes...... cheers for the reminder! (and the slap to wake me up!)

Sir Winnies have been alright in my book. Never to what everyone else brags on them to be. Other Churchills to be had considering their 400CUC price tag. Have a few singles from 2000 that i'll poke at soon. it is summer after all! biggrin.png. In my mind, they've always been a rare cigar so it's hard to mention them in my mind sometimes.. weird.

Now how the bleeding hell did i forget the Corona Gigantes. Before my infatuation with the Bolivar RE selection, the CGs were all i smoked from Bolivar. i have some 05s for special occasions as i know them to be fantastic. if it weren't for their size (and that one Churchill already owns that spot), it'd be in my regular rotation...

I've also never had a young Churchill de Luxe before... i would've imagined myself hating it like the 8-9-8s. maybe there's a reason to try the 8-9-8s again rolleyes.gif But these items are discussion for a different day and different thread....... hard to focus with this forum wink.png

The RyJ Churchills Reserva dont suck smile.png

i also fckn forgot the bloody existance of the RyJ Reservas. Gawhdam it. pod.gif

i got a box of these while back... haven't smoked one yet. that's the definition of procrastination :rolleyes:

The RyJ Churchills Reserva dont suck :)

Goddammit. Just when I was forgetting about these...can anyone tell me the codes for RyJ Reservas? How do they compare to Churchills, of various vintages? True to blend, or something new?

I just had my first last night. It was a Wide Churchill. Bloody good stick all the way down!

Goddammit. Just when I was forgetting about these...can anyone tell me the codes for RyJ Reservas?

x2

i'm interested in the box code too.... i just spent 5 minutes looking for that black cardboard box.

I know they're JUL 13, though. off memory, perhaps they're POU... or maybe ALT...

yeah:i don't trust my memory either :rolleyes:

Goddammit. Just when I was forgetting about these...can anyone tell me the codes for RyJ Reservas? How do they compare to Churchills, of various vintages? True to blend, or something new?

I was wondering about this as well. I am trying to decide between these and some PGR.