Really?! It's come to this?

Wow!!!!!....What's next? gum use?

In Singapore for sure.....

• Like 3

guys, a few years back, i remember a concerted push to ban the portrayal of anyone smoking in any movie or tv (cigarettes, i don't care about but cigars? of course, cigarettes mean then cigars, then alcohol etc etc. heavens, it may even move to guns and where the hell would movies be then - and for the record, i would be utterly opposed to that).

it did not succeed but they'll come again and again.

there was even talk of "re-editing" old movies to remove all evidence of anyone smoking.

the world is not going to get any better.

Has it ever been confirmed what Wolverine smokes in the X-Men series?

If you're talking about the comics.... Then yes, absolutley.

He actually has about 3 scenes in the new movie where he is smoking a cigar. Maybe one or two more, can't remember. But I do know they even show a scene with him toasting up a cigar prior to drawing on it.

There is also a full rear nude shot of Jackman and probably the most saltiest language out of all the X-Men movies.

For Saving Mr. Banks Tom Hanks couldn't be shown smoking and inhaling a cigarette (despite Walt Disney's chain smoking in real life) because even showing it in a single scene would have meant an R rating.

first few seconds of the video are a bonus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DI8UG02PuH0

Yup. In the US, cigarette smoking in a movie denotes an R rating now. My how times have changed.

Nanny state gone mad. I was watching Junior Masterchef the other night and was flabbergasted to see that it was rated "PG - ....some scenes may not be suitable for young children"! Really?!! A cooking show about 8-13 year olds is not suitable for young children?!!

there was even talk of "re-editing" old movies to remove all evidence of anyone smoking.

the world is not going to get any better.

Could you imagine if they did that to Casablanca? As if the Ted Turner colorization bullshit wouldn't have been bad enough. Edit out the smoking and it becomes a 5 minute short. And a lame one at that.

Cheers,

Greg

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

What really grinds my gears is that you'll see things like cigarette smoking instantly pushing a movie up to R rating (or 18 in the UK as our "R18" rating is reserved pretty much exclusively for...blue movies...if you catch my drift) yet a film which is basically an ultra-violent swear fest gets released as a 12...

• Like 1

It's reverse psychology. Corporations know that people want what they can't have, so they stealth lobby to have ridiculous things like this happen (R-rating for tobacco usage!). Now kids growing up will find tobacco/smoking even sexier and do it when they are much younger.

*tin foil hat off* lookaround.gif

• Like 1

Could you imagine if they did that to Casablanca? As if the Ted Turner colorization bullshit wouldn't have been bad enough. Edit out the smoking and it becomes a 5 minute short. And a lame one at that.

Cheers,

Greg

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

greg, don't quote me but i have a feeling that casablanca and a few more of bogart's were used as part of the reason not to mess with the old films. anyone 'amending' that flick would deserve a worse fate than i could imagine.

• Like 1

Reminds me of a time when I was in Turkey on vacation. I was flipping through the tv channels and finally found an english one which was playing CSI, well, one of them anyway.

Any character that smoked a cigarette had the offending object covered over by an animated strawberry...except the smoke curling upward of course....and when a scene popped up of another character smoking some weed there was nary a censor to be seen...odd that...

...later on I found out that any depiction of cigarette smoking is banned on Turkish TV.

E

So. I was perusing local theater listings for X-Men times and saw this.

attachicon.gifXmentag.gif

Rated for Violence & "Tobacco Use"??

I took the "Violence,Tobacco use"to mean that someone was pummelled with a bale of tobacco or something..........