I'm in marketing consulting and one of these two channels was actually a big project of ours when they were first launching which has now become a classical case study. While it's very obvious that channels have political agendas, these are ENTIRELY based on the market - where there's potential, where there are unmet demands, and - what it all comes down to - which positioning will get them the most viewers. It's hard for us to take that step back and detach the political ideologies of the channels from the people hosting/running them, but the only loyalty/driving force here is the almighty dollar. If overnight the vast majority of Americans suddenly became liberals, Fox's programming would switch tones just as quickly.

• Like 2

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

NO !!!!!. Why spoil the day ?

I've seen bits of both, neither seem to care much about facts or real news from what I saw; lots of bright flashy colours, opinion and 'infotainment'. It's not a US bash by the way, the state of jour

Why are you baiting a US Politics thread when it is clearly against the rules here?

I'm a Democrat and don't watch either, but would certainly prefer MSNBC if I did tune in. I prefer Bill Maher, Daily Show, VICE, and the Colbert Report. And for basic news or breaking stories I usually go to CNN (although it generally sucks too) and the local newscasts.

• Like 2

Fox and Friends (or as Imus affectionately calls them, Fox and Fiends) on this morning, her legs look mighty fine :) but I think I prefer the SNL version!

Is there a Gran Reserva to be had in this thread too?? biggrin.png

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk

So are you telling me, while you're playing at work up north :), you don't watch any of our cable news?

Why are you baiting a US Politics thread when it is clearly against the rules here?

Was hoping it wouldn't get too political. Looks like all are pretty civil so far. But if it's crossing the line on the rules and someone wants to delete it that's fine

This is how I get my news...in this order.

1)The Farmers Almanac

2) Myspace

3) The ads at the theater before movies

• Like 2

Definitely MSNBC, then CNN, then Headline News, then CNBC...in that order. If you want truly objective news outside of those choices I'd recommend National Public Radio (NPR) news. There are those elements out there that do painstakingly make sure to provide a TRULY objective viewpoint, and real news...not manufactured opinion (FOX).

If it's not getting too much off the subject of this topic, and just to prove my point about some elements out here who want a real and objective viewpoint: when it comes to the topic of evolution and creation, for example, Ben Stein (the deadpan comedian/accountant/finance/portfolio man, and definite conservative) put out a movie now on DVD called "Expelled," about that very topic. Just to get right to the point, he selected real and objective scientists - NOT Christian ones/NOT Atheistic ones both with private alliances, but seriously studied mathematical, scientific minds - to give their really studied, professional observance about life coming about due to evolution. And their definite conclusion was...that for life as we know it - all of the highly complicated, structured components of life and existence to have come about, so much of it perfectly, properly, exactly aligned and intact for operation, structure, complimentary components interconnected with each other...the chances of all of that coming into existence "by accident" as the evolutionists state...the possibility of that coming about as they claim, out of nothingness, are one over one and 94 thousand zeros. Again, with nobody taking sides to covertly convert anybody to any particular belief. But those were their scientifically, realistic conclusions. If I was to take my simple, windup alarm clock and insist and insist and insist that it came into existence out of nothing, those same "scientists" who insist that life as we know it - our human bodies, brains, the eyeball (truly a miracle all by itself) came about that same way - those same scientists would be ready to call the guys with the white coats and big butterfly nets for me about insisting that about that clock - millions of times less complicated than our bodies, minds and so on.

'Really appreciate y'all's patience at my veering off topic somewhat! rolleyes.gif

• Like 2

NPR and objective. LOL You just made me shoot beer out of my nose. Thanks for that! LOL

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

• Like 3

So we jumped right over US politics to US religion...

Definitely MSNBC, then CNN, then Headline News, then CNBC...in that order. If you want truly objective news outside of those choices I'd recommend National Public Radio (NPR) news. There are those elements out there that do painstakingly make sure to provide a TRULY objective viewpoint, and real news...not manufactured opinion (FOX).

If it's not getting too much off the subject of this topic, and just to prove my point about some elements out here who want a real and objective viewpoint: when it comes to the topic of evolution and creation, for example, Ben Stein (the deadpan comedian/accountant/finance/portfolio man, and definite conservative) put out a movie now on DVD called "Expelled," about that very topic. Just to get right to the point, he selected real and objective scientists - NOT Christian ones/NOT Atheistic ones both with private alliances, but seriously studied mathematical, scientific minds - to give their really studied, professional observance about life coming about due to evolution. And their definite conclusion was...that for life as we know it - all of the highly complicated, structured components of life and existence to have come about, so much of it perfectly, properly, exactly aligned and intact for operation, structure, complimentary components interconnected with each other...the chances of all of that coming into existence "by accident" as the evolutionists state...the possibility of that coming about as they claim, out of nothingness, are one over one and 94 thousand zeros. Again, with nobody taking sides to covertly convert anybody to any particular belief. But those were their scientifically, realistic conclusions. If I was to take my simple, windup alarm clock and insist and insist and insist that it came into existence out of nothing, those same "scientists" who insist that life as we know it - our human bodies, brains, the eyeball (truly a miracle all by itself) came about that same way - those same scientists would be ready to call the guys with the white coats and big butterfly nets for me about insisting that about that clock - millions of times less complicated than our bodies, minds and so on.

'Really appreciate y'all's patience at my veering off topic somewhat! rolleyes.gif

Objective rating services score PBS as the least politicized and most objective news source in the United States.