Partagas Shorts VS Romeo y Julieta Mille Fleurs

Partagas Shorts VS Romeo y Julieta Mille Fleurs  

117 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hello all!

I don't have anything in my humidor smaller than a petit robusto and thought I would buy some smaller cigars (not cigarillos) for a quick (and not so expensive) smoke whenever I feel like it. I've found that the shorts and the mille fleurs are just about the size I'm looking for. I'd like a head to head comparison of these two cigars and why one is better than the other, to you!

Thanks waving.gif

Partagas shorts without doubt. To be honest it would be like

1 partagas shorts

2 partagas shorts

3 partagas shorts

99 partagas shorts

100 maybe RyJ this time (toss it around half and get a party short) :D

Why?

Because party shorts fitting to my taste with its beautiful flavour profile. Cuz I love it fresh, love it young, love it aged. Because I can smoke it in the morning with a cup of coffee, or after lunch or at night before I go to bed.

I personally not into RyJ marca at all. Liked some Cazzie's, some churchill's but nothing really outstanding for me...

Short is my favourite minutos over bcj, rascc, el principe.

So for me it was easy :)

• Like 1

Pretty unanimous, Shorts. Get a cab, you'll be glad you did!

• Like 1

A "head to head comparison" is pointless.

They are completely different, and somehow complementary – MF after breakfast or lunch or in the afternoon, Short after dinner paired with a liquor…

+1

You are kind of asking other people to tell you what you will taste!

A "head to head comparison" is pointless

x4.

ask some guy to have a free smoke 30 minutes after he woke up, it's going to be the Mille Fleur. ask him after a giant buffet, he's going to say the shorts.

ask him after a long day at the office, Mille Fleur. Ask him after sex, Shorts. Ask him after 2 days in the desert, Mille Fleurs. Ask after he just preformed CPR on a git and saved his life, Shorts.

Different occasions, different cigars. And less pertinent to this conversation: different tastes.

I've found that the shorts and the mille fleurs are just about the size I'm looking for

don't be afraid of venturing just a tad bit out of your comfort zone.

for example, Lonsdale is my absolute favourite size. Hands down. But that just makes me enjoy the Siglo III size (corona grandes? is that what it's called), churchill size, etc. more

with the shorts and mille fleur being your 'goldilocks' zone, try some Montecristo 5s or H. Upmann Half Coronas.

• Like 4

My vote was based on a head to head of which I'd buy. Shorts hands down.....

I smoke them for breakfast, long day at the office (actually half way in to a long day), 2 days in the desert - haven't done it but if did, Shorts!

• Like 1

I smoke them for breakfast, long day at the office (actually half way in to a long day), 2 days in the desert - haven't done it but if did, Shorts!

huh. perhaps i overgeneralised......

naturally, i've always found them to be a tad on the strong side. reason i haven't had em for a good year, now

RASCC

El Principe

Monte 5

it would be a shame to not mention these,as good any day................

I prefer the Mille Fleur and do not like the Parti short.I am in the minority,as you can easily see from the responses here........

• Like 3

RASCC

El Principe

Monte 5

it would be a shame to not mention these,as good any day................

I prefer the Mille Fleur and do not like the Parti short.I am in the minority,as you can easily see from the responses here........

+1,

+1

+1

x2 (me in the minority, as well)

But still would go with neither. if i want to smoke with only 45 min onhand. and this humidor had only a Short vs a free Mille Fleur, i'd take the MF. but otherwise, meh

• Like 2

shawty's

• Like 1

You are kind of asking other people to tell you what you will taste!

Shorts are to me a dense smoke with rich heavy flavours of baking spice and cream/bread

mf are to me a lighter and fresher smoke, floral and herby, a sticky sweetness sometimes.

Mf come in boxes of ten, grab one if those and ten shorts, better yet try a couple of each and add Bolívar pc, Quintero panetela, scdlh el pincipe, Monte 5, por larranaga panetela, rafael gonzalez perla singles to the order and get a nice range to taste from :)

Could not put it better!

I would go for shorts by the way!

• 3 weeks later...