VR XV Aniversario:How are they smoking?

Just finished smoking a VR XV Aniversario Canadian RE for Canada Day. It was a smooth, enjoyable cigar but nothing exciting. I recall these tasting very good upon release. This is the fourth one I've had since then. I was expecting more. The cigar didn't seem "sick" but nor was it "dynamic". For those of you that have smoked one recently. What are your thoughts??

It was a smooth, enjoyable cigar but nothing exciting

sounds like my experience with them... gorgeous shape, though: Sublime.

never peaked my interest, really. didn't deem it box worthy but perhaps there will be a good ageing potential.

many other cigars come to mind before i buy these...

Hmm, I was debating between one of these and a Super Ramon, and the latter won, but this makes me curious now. Since I have already pulled one out, I'll smoke it as soon as I get the chance and see. I sure hope they're not going flat, as I loved them on release.

Hmm, I was debating between one of these and a Super Ramon, and the latter won, but this makes me curious now. Since I have already pulled one out, I'll smoke it as soon as I get the chance and see. I sure hope they're not going flat, as I loved them on release.

I also thought about lighting one up but the thought of pulling the bottom most box out of the cooler made me reach for a JL Canada RE.

Smoked a VR Canada RE during the Winter Olympics and thoroughly enjoyed it but don't really recall it being a complex cigar. I'll just sit on what I have for now and maybe spark it up next Canada day :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I smoked one a month ago and I thought just like you Frank... it was enjoyable, but nothing exciting or would make me want to seek out more. I normally don't judge a cigar after only smoking one, but at that price I am.

I had one just a few weeks ago from my pile of LE/RE singles and I thought it was very good. One of my favorites of the year so far actually. Burned well, medium-mild body. Didn't take any notes so I can't remember the exact flavor profile, but I remember it being very enjoyable.

Agree Frank. Good cigar, nothing incredible about it. Said it on release, firm believer still. Value is not there imo, and I don't understand those who say it has good aging potential. There are no rough edges here, just somewhat boring and straight, and often underfilled.