Top 5 NC's you would have in your rotation.

My Top 5 NC Sticks would be:

*) Padron 45th Family Reserve

*) Cabaiguan

*) Oliva Serie V Melanio

*) Paul Garmirian

*) AF Don Carlos

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If I was absolutely forced to add NC's into my rotation it would have to be any of the Paul Garmirian sticks, nothing else.

Old thread.  Just wanted to chime in on two NC brands that I’ve been enjoying the heck out of lately.....Warped(RS 1988 and La Colmena), and Caldwell(Eastern Standard from 2014 and Long Live The King)

1. Illusione Singulare Miserere 2. Illusione Haut 10 3. Illusione ECCJ 20th 4. Illusione Epernay Le Ferme 5. Illusione Cruzado In fairness, if money didn't matter Padron Famil

Next NC addition might the Fuente Short Story or Chateau Fuente.

Don't overpay for these, I'd trade a half box of these for almost any CC's

Padron 1926 #35 Natty 1st, Maduro close second.

Fuente 858, Maduro, Rosado, Cameroon, Sungrown in that order.

Padron 1964 Corona Maduro

Fuente R44, best value to come out of the Fuente factory in recent years.

Fuente Hemingway maduro, toss up between the WOAM and Signature.

I smoke a few other Fuente and Padrons and some Tatuaje J21 mostly, (the only Tat worth the price) but when all the NC's are gone I don't see myself restocking.

NC from the 1993-1997: from my

Hoyo De Monterrey Excalibur III

La Gloria Cubana 2 Torpedo Maduro

Davidoff Double R / Davidoff Grand Cru 1

Fuente Don Carlos series

Padron Anniversary Maduro (any size)

I don't normally smoke N.C.'s but there are two that captured my Interest and they are the,"HENRY CLAYS " Hondurians ,

because of the Peru In the blend, and also the Nat Sherman's new,"EPOCA" brand because that was their frist brand when they

started out In 1929.At the time,"EPOCA" was a,"CLEAR HAVANA" Cigar. I keep them just for the fun.Other

then those two,I don't buy N.C.'s .

Guy

Opus X, Davidoff Maduro, Winston Churchill (by Davidoff), Man O' War by AJ Fernandez, and Smoking Jacket by Henke Kelner Jr (son of Henke Kelner Sr, the blender behind most Davidoffs).

Oh man..this is gonna be tough. shead.gif I rarely reach for an NC these days.

• Casa Fernandez Lanceros. Bought 15 of these way back. Down to 2. Very enjoyable NC. Most "Cubanesque" taste I've found in an NC.
  • Padron 2000. At the $3/stick I paid for them in PA. They're not exciting but great bang for the buck.
  • LFD Mysterios. Great looking stick, very tasty, but at Cuban pricing a hard sell. I still have a couple. If they were 1/2 the price I'd consider more.
  • Padron 1926 El Principe. Very good but also more than I'd like to pay.
  • JdN Antonao's robustos. Good with a few years age on them.

I've been having a few NCs lately to lay to rest the Habanos superiority for myself. Also, admittedly, to lay off of the Cubans in my humidor so they can have some rest before more stock comes in.

La Aurora 100 Años

La Aurora 107

Nat Sherman Timeless

Ashton VSG

Padron 1964 Maduro

In no order, I found these sticks to be enjoyable and deliver well at their price points. Some smoked much better than others. My favorites were probably the Ashton and LAs - the Padron didn't live up to it's name and the Nat Shermans are great but relatively static ventures. Tatuaje is one brand that I see tons of hype around but can't be impressed by.

Having said all of that, the Ashton VSG may have had the best burn (but not the best construction – it had some holes, including a little one on the cap which surprised me when I was wetting it for a barbarian cut... (a slight draw on an uncut cigar?! Hahaha.) The Padron was still thoroughly enjoyable at the pub with a few friends and with a glass of scotch – perhaps I didn't give it a chance to really shine as my attention was not exclusive to the stick.

I've found that young NCs tend to smoke better (in terms of burn line and lack of burn issues) than young CCs which, unfortunately, is what I am mostly limited to given my student budget. On the other hand, despite how well they smoke and how complex the best of them have been, none have been enjoyable as a good Cuban. Even if it's all there, the equation still lacks that distinct, sparkling Cuban profile variable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

AF Anejo

Fernando Leon corona

Tatuaje brown Tainos

Flores y Rodriguez Cabinet Seleccion habano

La Aurora Corojo

1) Casa Fuente Lancero - best NC I ever smoked!

2) Pardon 1964 Exclusivo Maduro - always delivers.

3) Fuente Short Story Maduro - one of my 'go to' short smokes.

4) Fuente Anejo #77 "Shark" - awesome smoke.

5) Fuente Anejo #46 and Casa Fuente Corona Gorda(tie) - love this size and these blends.

Casa Fuente Lancero

Tatuaje El Truinfador lancero

OR Tatuaje petit black lancero (recent ones I've had have gone to ****)

Opus X lost city

Any of the RomaCraft line I've tried have been great.

Most Tatuajes

A few Illusione - Rothchilds, epernay

Crowned Heads are great, mostly the four kicks, the new TAA 2014 churchill was quite good!

I don't really understand fuentes.

I definitely lean towards more flavor, less power

Quesada españa corona

Herrera esteli lonsdale

Tatuaje black petit lancero

La dueña petit lancero

Crowned heads headley grange eminente

"Let no man pull you low enough to hate him." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.