Boulder Shake. Anyone else love it?

ptrthgr8

A couple of months ago I fell in love with the Boulder Beer Company's chocolate porter... the Shake. Was only able to find it on tap until two days ago. I saw the bottles on the shelf and was informed they just got it in that same morning. Bam! Good timing on my part!

rusaqatu.jpg

I described it to my sister in law as follows: "It's sorta like the Qwik bunny and Starbuck's mermaid got sauced on Guinness and B-52 shots and then got a little freaky. The end result is wicked awesome." She replied by saying it sounds like a weird movie. Indeed it does. But it makes a mighty fine beer. Nice evenness between the chocolate and coffee flavors (not too sweet, not too bitter) and not super heavy like some chocolate porters can be. I won't say it's a session beer, but you can easily drink 3 or 4 big glasses in a row before needing to change it up. It's better on tap than out of the bottle, but even the bottled version is a damn fine beer. Check it out if you haven't already!

Cheers,

Greg

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Never too hot to drink a nice cold beer! :) Let me know what you think of it. The Jolly Roger Christmas Ale from Maritime Pacific (from my hometown of Seattle) is my all-time favorite beer, but the Boulder Shake has definitely made my #2 spot.

Cheers,

Greg

Sounds really good, wonder if I can find these around here.....

I went to their website and used locator. Then checked inventory at the local total wine.

Mike

And Bam! On tap at Taco Mac 3 miles away and Total within 5!

Cheers @mate!!!!!

Sounds awesome, did you smoke something with it?

I've had a PSD4 and a RyJ Churchill while drinking the Shake. Very good with either one. I'm not really one to pair cigars and beers (I go for whatever sounds good at the time) as I generally don't find that beers have the same impact on a cigar's flavor the way a scotch might... but different strokes for different palates I suppose. :)

Cheers,

Greg

• 3 weeks later...