For the Buying Blind Brigade....which cigar is the highest risk?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Montecristo No. 2 Full stop. Period. End of story. Well maybe a few more: Partagas D4. Montecristo 4 Many 99-02 boxes

Cubans.

Trust your vendor, but if you can see them yourself, each marca has different things to look for/search for.

Partagas D4

Anything Vegas Robaina

Montecristo

On the same topic, yet the opposite;

Best luck blind IMO

H Upmann

Hoyo de Monterrey

La Gloria Cubana (if you can find any)

Anything VR!?! really!?

(general curiosity question. not being snobby)

Anything Vegas Robaina

On the same topic, yet the opposite;
Best luck blind IMO
H Upmann
Hoyo de Monterrey
La Gloria Cubana (if you can find any)

also will add Trinidad to that line of 'Can buy blind'

Anything VR!?! really!?

(general curiosity question. not being snobby)

also will add Trinidad to that line of 'Can buy blind'

I've seen some pretty nasty VR. The only ones I'd buy blind would be the 2 Canadian ER's, but I've heard tales of the 09's having entire boxes of plugs.

X2 on the Trinidad. I like the satin finish wrappers that don't seem to pass most visual inspections, but they've tasted superb and burnt like a dream

I've seen some pretty nasty VR. The only ones I'd buy blind would be the 2 Canadian ER's, but I've heard tales of the 09's having entire boxes of plugs.

X2 on the Trinidad. I like the satin finish wrappers that don't seem to pass most visual inspections, but they've tasted superb and burnt like a dream

hmmmmmmmm... something to note. Cheers Ryan.

i've also had some nasty looking trinidads that were borderling oscuro. never fails the taste test, though! ^_^

ERDM Lonsdales. Never again.

PM right now, Chris!!!

I'll trade them off you IMMEDIATELY!!

• Like 1

I personally had great luck with Hoyo, H. Upmann, and San Cristobal

Crap shoot with Partagas and Monte

But I don't buy enough to build a convincing sample size.

VR

R&J

Several Monte's

I don't buy blind anymore, life is too short!

For a newbie, what's the difference?

The main reason I ask is that I don't know enough yet that when actually seeing cigars it would make much of a difference....

For a newbie, what's the difference?

The main reason I ask is that I don't know enough yet that when actually seeing cigars it would make much of a difference....

Trust your vendor, but if you can see them yourself, each marca has different things to look for/search for.

• Like 3

I've had 3 boxes of Monte 2 that I'd get through 5-10 out of the box and even after 5 years on them, wonder why there's any fuss over it. Decided to give a couple boxes of the recent HQ offerings to see if that will finally make me a believer.

• Like 2

All regional editions, especially if you're the type who has to have them first. So many regionals have been misses (for me at least) that it just isn't worth the risk to track them down and shell out the extra coin for them.

As for regular production, I've had bad blind experience with:

* Monte 4

* Monte 2

* ERDM Choix Supreme

* Cohiba Robustos

Monte 4

Monte 2

Partagas D4s

I haven't had much luck with Trinidad or RyJ either but I think that's mainly due to the fact that 95% of boxes from those marcas have been crap for years rather than just bad luck

I think that's mainly due to the fact that 95% of boxes from those marcas have been crap for years rather than just bad luck

Are you serious? What kind of visibility do you have on production? Do you realize that you're talking about tens of thousands of boxes?

• Like 1

Montecristo #2-#4 I have got some real dog rockets! The bad thing is those are two of my favorite cigars,I smoke alot of the #4's.Some of the others mentioned so far I have been lucky or I dont smoke them that much.I did get one horrible box of P-D-4 once but that was the vendors fault! Not just over humidified,but mold and they were supose to have been inspected!