What should I smoke now, and what would get better with time?

I just got a wonderful shipment in, (5) H. Upmann Mag 48s, and the Asia Pacifico Regional Release sampler(the contents and box codes are below).

• 1X BSB – TEB JUL 08
  • 1 X SLR PAC – OSB AGO 09
  • 1 X PL BEL – EMA NOV 08
  • 1 X ERDM ANN – LAR FEB 13
  • 1 X PL ENCANTOS – URG FEB 11
  • 1 X RA ESP – TEB OCT 07
  • 1 X PUNCH SAB – MCO OCT 11
  • 1 X JL 4 – PRA JUN 10

Like the title asks, when will these cigars be hitting their peak? I know regional releases are especially known to get better with some age, but I'm not very well versed in these releases so your help would be appreciated! Also, I've heard that the Mag 48's are good to go now, but do you think there is any aging potential left in them?

Thank you all in advance!

Nothing/everything

start with the oldest,give the ERDM a couple of years

to find out when a cigar has peaked,it is necessary to keep them until they decline.then it is too late.......

• Like 1

Let them all rest in your humidor for 3 months , then pull the trigger on them!

As your listed them I would smoke them( with a mag 48 every 3 months)all of them have a little age on then,with the 07,08,09,10 beautiful age on them.enjoy! :)

smoke em if you got em, gents.

the boxes i've had are also all over the place...

I still think there a good smoke and a better LE than others I've tried. I'm definitely not sitting on my box for any longer though. What interests me is how different they would be in taste and aging potential if they had a normal wrapper rather than the standard issue Colorado maduro LE wrapper

would be in taste and aging potential if they had a normal wrapper rather than the standard issue Colorado maduro LE wrapper

... never considered this as a thought before. huh.

honestly, most LEs nowadays are declining rapidly. wish i could've had a Monte Sublime in its peak. i'm turning down offers of 380/ box of sublimes nowadays beacuse of what i've thought about the Monte Sublimes. people say they'll rebound, but i'm not so sure.

not sure what to think about the GEs now, either. should the opinion be based on the turn out of the Monte Sublime?

I'm working my way through a box each of the Bolivar Short Bolivar and PL Belicosos Extra and I think they're both smoking really well now.

I agree. Would also add the Juan Lopez Seleccion No.4 to that list.