First Habano that wowed you

RyJ tubo,1986...ugly green thing with big veins and a barnyard smell............Still remember the flavors and aromas,stellar.

would like to get my hands on another one.....

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Montecristo No. 4 Reserva 2007 I know... I'm a young lad

Cohiba Double Corona EL 2003. Doubly special as it was gifted to me by a great mate, and we smoked them on his birthday.

A gifted cigar among friends. It had no band, and it was delicious

First cigar was a Siglo VI in the garden of the Nacional in Havana. Quite an auspicious start for a 20 year old!

Didnt really smoke many between then and really getting into them about 6 or 7 years later. The first stick that really blew my noodle though was a Partagas Festival 18th Anniversario - corona gorda I think. I can still remember the flavour now. Like plums, cinnamon, cake and cognac with an incredible sweetness. Thats when I really knew there was no way back.

The Cohiba Robusto did it for me.

Followed closely by Hoyo Epicure No 2. I like complex cigars from Cuba, not a mono dimensional ones that are offered. Montecristo, serious construction issues these days and it doesn't have any complexity that I sought after.

I'm new to this so it was still recent and fresh in my mind.

HdM Epicure 2

Monte 2 was my first cuban but I was marginally disappointed. HdM Epi 2 was this excellent middle-of-the-road, balanced, medium cigar that wowed me not with its strength but with its complexity. Some of the Epi 2s I've had since haven't been quite as good, but that first experience will probably remain my favorite CC experience for a long time...I wish I knew the box code or date.

Mine was an unknown R&J a friend gave me when he came back from overseas. It was relatively small so maybe robusto lenth but probably 42 or so ring. I just remember it was dark and oily and remember thinking how awesome it was and how THAT must be what CC's are all about.

A cohiba maduro 5 genios. It was the very first cigar which caused me to constantly burn my fingers during the end of the final third. The combination of coffee, nuts, and chocolate flavors was unreal. Heartbreak when it was over

PSD4 about two years back. After a lot of searching I managed to get my hands on legit CC's. Everyone said NC cigars are actually better and it's all hype but I had to see for myself. I could barely get any flavours out of most sticks at the time but as soon as I lit that one I was hooked. Sinse I joined FOH though I learned about a bunch of new sticks though and haven't really smoked much of PSD4 but I still enjoy them when I do.

Hoyo DCs in the late 90s. I was getting Cuban cigars from a friend in Toronto and he would bring me the occasional few. Once I figured out how to get them on my own I never looked back.

Had to be the Monte 2's from 94-96 and the Cohiba Robustos from 94-97 that I used to get back in the day on the trading floor. Both cigars wowed me every time I lit one up.

Like others, it was my first Cuban altogether, a two year old Cohiba Siglio IV.. Ive been hooked ever since.

A 1997 Cohiba Siglo III that I smoked in 1999.