FOH's favourite cheese?

I love Cheese, god I really love the stuff.

I've just got a beautiful French Epoisses out the fridge and I'm watching it melt onto the board as it's coming up to room temperature.

Epoisses is the king for me, nothing comes close; cheese perfection.

Is anyone else a cheese *****? If so what's your all time favourite?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Humboldt Fog is amazing and one of my favorites. I enjoy manchego, triple cream goat brie, peccorino Romano, and cave aged gouda.

In France it's the typical school or company canteen cheese… children usually love it.

Try (very) thin slices of pear, or apricot, or raisins, fig, melon (summer fruit), plus a leaf of fresh mint, with swiss cheeses like Appenzeller, Fribourg, Ementaller, Gruyère suisse, and with a mell

Bulgarian Creamy Sheep (Feta style)

Havarti

Aged Irish Cheddar

Extra Sharp Vermont

Love it; loads of cheeses mentioned i've never tried before, some i've never heard of. Availability of cheese is so regional. Does anyone make their own by any chance?

Extra Sharp White Cheddar. In trying the various types of them I find I prefer Vermont and Wisconsin extra sharp cheddars as opposed to New York Extra Sharp. I also love Asiago, Mozzarella, crumbled Feta, Parmesan and Romano.

Have never met a cheese that I did not like. From Stilton to cheddar all are great. There are many artisinal cheeses produced in Quebec here in Canada that are fantastic and one that I recently purchased in Montreal called 14 Arpents out of Lac Saint Jean is amazing.

http://fromagesduquebec.qc.ca/en/cheeses/

I'm with Ken on this. Nothing like thin slices of nicely aged and dried parmesan with red wine while cooking to prep oneself for a great meal ;)

Aged goat cheeses are also a treat, spread on walnut bread or directly on a slice of pear (with red, obviously)

Love, love cheese. Luckily England is (IMO) second to none in cheese, almost every town has it's own traditional cheese and the variety is incredible.

Saying that, when I want to dibble in some foreign greatness I love Mozzarella, Brie and Port Salut, I could easily fall into a cheese coma on any to them.

I used to love King Island's Double Brie or Camembert. Unfortunately, I became somewhat lactose intolerant in my early 20's, so I can't indulge too much or too often. Soft cheese are pretty much a no go for me nowadays.