FOH's favourite cheese?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Humboldt Fog is amazing and one of my favorites. I enjoy manchego, triple cream goat brie, peccorino Romano, and cave aged gouda.

In France it's the typical school or company canteen cheese… children usually love it.

Try (very) thin slices of pear, or apricot, or raisins, fig, melon (summer fruit), plus a leaf of fresh mint, with swiss cheeses like Appenzeller, Fribourg, Ementaller, Gruyère suisse, and with a mell

I love Cheese, god I really love the stuff.

I've just got a beautiful French Epoisses out the fridge and I'm watching it melt onto the board as it's coming up to room temperature.

Epoisses is the king for me, nothing comes close; cheese perfection.

Is anyone else a cheese *****? If so what's your all time favourite?

I have to agree with this. Nothing comes close to this beautiful soft wash rind. Such an amazing cheese. I urge everyone to give it a taste. Wonderful rich, sharp, creamy, nutty, full flavoured cheese. It really offers something for those who like big hearty blue, sharp cedars and smooth Brie. Prefect cheese in my mind.

Great topic. I stayed in Epoisses and ate tons of their cheese while staying there. Fantastic cheese and town...some of my favorites are: roaring 40's blue, parmagiano reggiano for sure, cave-aged gruyere, and some excellent local cheeses from Bobolink dairy. They make some exceptional cheeses with raw milk from their pastured cows.

I love cheese.. My favorite is good old fashioned brick cheese. Nothing really fancy. My grandparents would have some every night with a little fresh cracked black pepper and a glass of sherry. When I was really young they would always let me have some too whenever my family visited.

My fondness for it comes from good memories more than anything else.

Man, the crystals are my favorite part of aged cheeses. Super delicious. Now I need to research what causes them cause I'm curious.

Recipe please?

In Parmesan, Gruyere, and aged Gouda, the crystals may be calcium lactate or else tyrosine, an amino acid produced by protein breakdown that has limited solubility in these low-moisture cheeses.

Man, the crystals are my favorite part of aged cheeses. Super delicious. Now I need to research what causes them cause I'm curious.

Recipe please?

My favourite cheese is the Swedish Westerbotten Ost. An excellent companion to a full-bodied red wine.

When storing it in the fridge the cheese starts "sweating" and salt crystals emerge on the surface making the cheese even more savory (yummy).