Gifted Monte 2

dangolf18

I was given a monte 2 last night from some guys that claimed they were the real deal. I asked to take a look at the box date on the box and they were somewhat puzzled. Took a look at the bottom of the box and there wasn't a box code or date just a circular stamp with some words on it. The cigar burned immaculately and was really enjoyable and it tasted pretty cuban to me. Any chance they were legit? Has anybody seen that circular stamp before?

• Like 1

Not any stamp I'm aware of like that. Remember the words?

I've seen pictures of circular stamps on the bottom of boxes before, can't remember what it says, ends in '-tur' as far as I remember . Usually boxes thought to have been bought in Cuba 'from a friend'.

I'm sure there is a picture of that stamp on the forum somewhere.

I've never seen it on a real box. It's a common stamp on counterfeit boxes.

Remembered. The stamp probably said 'comintur vendido en cuba'

I'm on an iPhone at the moment. Do a search for the word comintur on the forum and I think you'll find your answer. Do be careful how you tell your friend. People don't like hearing this stuff.

• Like 1

Yes, much discussion about the 'comintu vendido en cuba' stamp across several forums.

Did it look like this?

comintur_zpsfa42a1b9.jpg

Doesn't bode well, particularly if the other stamps were missing.....

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Did they say they bought it by the box or was it just some singles placed in a handy dandy box? I've made the rounds of plenty of locations where a "box" was just grabbed from somewhere, and some really wonderful single Habanas were placed inside of them. From what you've described, i.e., that it tasted pretty Cuban and burned immaculately...it would appear there may be some sacrifices of perfect, pristine box appearance and providing a reasonably tasty Habano. Believe me, I've been handed pristine, perfect, hologramed, heat stamped, proper date code, etc., etc., etc. boxes of forbidden fruit...the cigars inside would look ideal - and confused.gifwacko.pngnosmilies.gifthumbsdwn.gif when smoked.