Who are teetotalers here...and what beverage do you enjoy with your cigars?

No teetotaler here, but when I'm not having alcohol I either prefer water or an icy RedBull. I love the kick it has and how it seems to increase the sensation from the cigar. Works for me!

Tom

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I believe I can safely say I have never had a cigar without an alcoholic drink to accompany it

I rarely drink alcohol anymore. With cigars, I like: - Coffee - Taiwanese or Hong Kong style milk teas (these are very sweet, basically dessert for anyone who hasn't tried) And I am a massive tea n

Not a tea person but i once had this stuff called Tea Tarik from a malaysian restaurant with a cigar. It was pretty nice!! Also i like Angostura Lemon Lime Bitters with a creamy cigar such as a Monte

For me Rooibos tea with a bit of honey/stevia/sugar is the best pairing for 100% of cigars. It's neutral enough not to rob you from the pleasure of a good cigar but also keeps your mouth refreshed for the next puff. Everything else is conditional to the strength and complexity of the cigar. Most cases I avoid alcohol since in my opinions steals the subtle flavors of many prominent cigars. Not a pairing fan.

What's your thoughts on stevia? I've been attempting to replace sugar with it but it's a bit different. Worth sticking with it?

I'm visiting Wisconsin so definitely OFF the wagon! Had an old fashioned the other night with a RASS. Yumm.

I like coffee, rooibos tea, or just plain old home brew beer. Sometimes I have Irish whiskey with a dribble of water(usually in the winter months). Scotch but nothing fancy still learning a thing or two about it. Other days if its hot and at the beach just water.

I'm equal opportunity with a (grown up) drink and cigars. I like gin and rum in the summer and spring, and occassionally a nice sipping tequila. I like bourbon and scotch in the fall/winter.

But embarrassingly, I more ofthen than not find myself sipping a Budweiser with a cigar. I find it stays out of the way of the flavor, but is more interesting and satifying than a water or tea.

Morning cigars and a coffee from my nespresso machine are always good too.

post-19989-0-79749200-1409332287_thumb.j

Single malt scotch and/or bourbon neat or coffee for the mornings and if the pairing's right.

I don't drink soda anymore, but a nice root beer goes hand in hand with a good cigar if you don't want alcohol...or lemonade for these hot-as-balls summers.

I bet I have a boozy drink of some sort 99% of the time with whatever cigar I'm smoking. Maybe a beer of some sort during the daytime smokes, but usually a rum drink for the early evening smokes, and then scotch for the late evening/nightcap smokes.

I don't smoke cigars in the morning much at all, but when I do I tend to go for a coffee of some sort. I had a Kona blend a while back that I got from our friend Lisa and it was an outstanding pairing for any cigar I smoked. Haven't had any Kona in a long time. Might need to fix that.

But for the most part, I smoke in the evenings/weekends when I can cut loose a bit and relax (more so on the weekends, of course) and I prefer to enjoy a boozy beverage at those times. So it's none too often that I smoke a cigar without also imbibing at the same time.

Cheers,

~ Greg ~

I love a mint julip with my cigar, Knob Creek, Blantons, Woodford all go very nice. I also like Scotch with them as well. I like tea with just a little bit of honey in it, and if i feel adventurous a heavy pour of gin in it too. I love to do this with LGC. Stouts and porters go great with montes and bolivars. But my mainstay for nonalcoholic drinks is black french pressed coffee. Nothing better IMHO.

I'm not a teetotaler, but my favorite beverage to pair with a cigar is coffee. Later in the day, something citrusy is often nice (Mr. Dew, Limeade, etc.).

I've also found that Dr. Pepper pairs really well with cigars. Something about all the flavors they put in that stuff I suppose ... there always some flavor in their that seems to pair well with a cigar, lol.

I consider myself a non-drinker. I have never been a habitual drinker, but like most have overdone it from time to time. Actually, I am generally anti-alcohol. Now don't go thinking that I am the 'temperance union' type… remember, I am that pro-freedom pain in the ass guy… You want to drink, have at it. I don't generally, I see it as a means by which a lot of good people have destroyed their lives and the lives of their families, but that is not the topic. Lets just say that I don't care for the stuff!

On the flip side I love the taste of beer. So I drink NA beer, often Becks or Clausthaler. I also love iced tea, and hot and cold coffee. Iced coffee is great with cigars.

Magpie, brought up ginger ale… I am also not a soft drink drinker (generally) and ginger ale is also good, and so is a good root beer with a cigar.

Cheers! -Piggy

Depends on the time of day but I will pair up a cigar with mineral water, a coke, Amstel light, and if I have the next day off from work, a Cabernet wine or dalwhinnie single malt scotch.

I always prefer an espresso with cigars but usually follow it up with either just cold water, rum or beer.

If espresso, I prefer Lavazza over Cubita but Cubita is just fine as long as the espresso machine is set right and produces a good cup.

Definite teetotaler here. My one and only choice with my beloved smokes is iced, honey-sweetened herbal teas - Rooibos, fruit teas like Celestial Seasons Wildberry, Raspberry, TruBlueberry, etc., Honeybush, peppermint, lemon zinger, the whole works and usually combined into one large pitcher to be available when called upon. That's been my choice from the get-go. For me I just couldn't see the point of alcohol AND tobacco combined because to me they just cancelled each other out. It would have to be one or the other in my view. And my top choice is my cigars, having been a tobacco enthusiast from young adulthood up to now.

• Like 1