Who are teetotalers here...and what beverage do you enjoy with your cigars?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I believe I can safely say I have never had a cigar without an alcoholic drink to accompany it

I rarely drink alcohol anymore. With cigars, I like: - Coffee - Taiwanese or Hong Kong style milk teas (these are very sweet, basically dessert for anyone who hasn't tried) And I am a massive tea n

Not a tea person but i once had this stuff called Tea Tarik from a malaysian restaurant with a cigar. It was pretty nice!! Also i like Angostura Lemon Lime Bitters with a creamy cigar such as a Monte

I'm not teetotal but I'm as close as makes no difference.Nothing against it,just never handled it well.It took me 2 or 3 days to recover from a heavy night even at 17/18 years old! Usually tea or coffee with a smoke for me.More often tea,black.sometimes slightly sweetened and sometimes not.Other than that just plain old water.

Seems we have a few teetotalers here, and maybe a few more that perhaps didn't quite get the question smartass.gif

Teetotalism refers to either the practice of, or the promotion of, complete personal abstinence from alcoholic beverages.

Me, not a teetotaler.....

/end Smallclub sarcasm

Love a good root beer or iced coffee. Occasionally, some loose leaf black tea (Golden Monkey being my favorite so far).

And a little Jägermeister from time to time I would wager to guess!

Haha believe it or not I despise Jägermeister!

Interesting nom de plume then Sir!

• Like 1

What's your thoughts on stevia? I've been attempting to replace sugar with it but it's a bit different. Worth sticking with it?

Yes, have switched to Stevia more than 5 years now and never looked back. It takes a bit of time to get used to it but once you do, you can't tolerate white sugar or that high fructose crap anymore and have eaten less sugary foods ever since. I am not a diabetic just a personal preference. Latest research shows sugar is toxic to our body. Yes I can see the overlapping contradiction of smoking cigars yet avoid sugar :P

I also noticed Stevia is not full bodied sweetness, you taste the tea first then a bit of sweetness hits you while white sugar sweetness hits your mouth first and overpowers the taste of the tea.

• Like 1

I have never had a cigar and an alcoholic beverage together. I'm another who never handled booze well. I convinced my self of that at the ripe old age of 26. I'm almost 56 now and I never regretted my abstinence.

Oh yea, coffee. Nothing fancy. Trader Joe's bay Blend has done it for the last few years.

It's not that deep, really. My last name is Yager.

Aw, where's the fun in that!

• Like 1

Like a number of FOH's I've found drinking ginger beer Matso's or Bunderberg (non-alcoholic) goes well with a number of cigars. At first I thought the flavours and sweetness of the drinks would overpower or mask the taste of the tobacco. But what I've found is that they strip the palate clean and prevent that deadening of flavour that comes after smoking a couple of cigars. For me anyway.

If I'm not pairing a cigar with alcohol, I usually drink coffee, especially in the morning. In the evening I will usually go with water or root beer. When someone first told me about drinking root beer with a cigar I thought they were nuts, but it actually pairs with most cigars quite well, imo.

My number one beverage would be a strong cup of coffee with the cigar. I tried a number of alcohol related beverages such as Scotch, Cognac and even Grappa. This summer I have really enjoyed the cigar with a nice glass of Bourbon. W L Weller 12 year old has been my choice lately. Something about the sweetness in the Bourbon mixes well with the cigar.

It all depends on what I'm smoking and when... Normally if I'm smoking while on the road, I'll drink earl grey tea.

When I'm at home during the week, I'll normally pair a red wine, mainly Amarones. On weekends I'll enjoy some scotch or a dark rum like Zacapa XO!

And of course, if it's a morning smoke, I'll have my espresso or coffee and Irish cream! thumbsup.gif

for whatever reason, crytal lite iced tea (normal lemon, not any of the flavored ones) has emerged as the nearly prefect drink to almost any cigar that I would ever care to smoke. my buddy used to always drink coke, but after he tried the iced tea he never went back. I dont know what exactly it is, but for some reason it just seems to click.

having said that, a good beer, or a rum and coke is always a good choice. better still is a mojito

• Like 1

• 11 months later...