Who are teetotalers here...and what beverage do you enjoy with your cigars?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I believe I can safely say I have never had a cigar without an alcoholic drink to accompany it

I rarely drink alcohol anymore. With cigars, I like: - Coffee - Taiwanese or Hong Kong style milk teas (these are very sweet, basically dessert for anyone who hasn't tried) And I am a massive tea n

Not a tea person but i once had this stuff called Tea Tarik from a malaysian restaurant with a cigar. It was pretty nice!! Also i like Angostura Lemon Lime Bitters with a creamy cigar such as a Monte

1. Tea

2. Water

3. Coffee

Currently drinking Tie Guan Yin more than anything else. To me green tea tends to bring out the flavor of the cigar and never overpowers it.

Water when I'm too lazy to make myself anything...

Coffee tends to interfere with the flavor, but I like it with my Montes.

Water for me primarily. I have tried and liked Dr Weinhard's Root beer but I am avoiding soda now. Starbucks Double Shot in Hazelnut. One of my new likes is Thai Ice tea.

tumblr_lyjavwzKJ61qj5dduo1_500.jpg

• Like 2

I stopped drinking 14 years ago or so.

I usually prefer coffee with the sweeter cigars

water (mostly mineral sparkling) for almost everything

and for some reason I love mexican cokes with cohibas

I've never really tried tea with cigars as I'm not a big tea drinker anyway, but this thread is giving me some ideas.

Normally have coffee with weekend morning cigar (too early for a whisky!!) however this morning whilst enjoying a PLPC I thought I'll try a mint tea.

Must say it is very pleasant, the tea cleanses the palate and the combined flavours are like having a mint slice biscuit Yum!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I often enjoy a beverage with my cigar. Depending on my mood and cigar choice, in no particular order, Perrier, whiskey, water, coffee, beer, Rouge Hazelnut nectar with a PSD4 has been my favorite beer pairing to date. I have been curious to try chocolate milk with a cigar but have not yet tried it.

Most often, I pair a good beer with cigars. I don't tend to enjoy many other alcoholic beverages. Tried scotch and bourbon for a while and just don't enjoy liquor. If I don't pair with a beer, I'm drinking water.

Mostly coffee, but when I'm feeling adventerous or if I had a bad shift at work I make an Irish Car Bomb.

Ingredients:

1-2 shots of Hennesey Whiskey

1-2 shots of Baileys irish coffee

1 bottle of Guiness stout

enjoy

I enjoy a nice single malt shared with a mate after a good feed along with a cigar.

I also like a creamy cigar with a T2 Melbourne Breakfast if I'm having one through the day. For those Australians who like Tea, I reccomend giving it a go, it's a great combination. Plus they do Melbourne Breakfast in bags so you dont have to bugger about.

I haven't done any pairing with wines (yet) but can imagine an oaky chardonnay from WA or a Pinot from NZ would be my picks, depending on the weather and time of day.

Prefer Black tea then green/ginseng tea in the afternoon with a cigar if im not having a beer, wine or a spirit. Strong coffee, for me, is for mornings to clear the cobwebs.

Great thread. Blacks and greens for me as well, purchase most of my tea from local Teavana shops here in MN.

Afternoon smokes are typically paired with water as needed. Evenings are typically coffee, cold press light, french press med, or lattes etc.

Though I try to avoid anything fizzy, for a change of pace a good rootbeer does well (vanilla/sassafras) or even a mock collins, virgin mojito or salted myer.

Teetotalism is the practice or promotion of complete personal abstinence from alcoholic beverages. Ya I enjoy a good scotch with a cigar, but that's not the point of this thread lol.

I think that point got missed long ago in this thread!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
Guest ripper

My primary drink is like I'm smoking King Edward Imperials.
I prefer Refreshe seltzer water from Safeway. On special this weekend - 12-pack of 12-oz cans for 99 cents. 
Sometimes I splurge and add freshly squeezed lemon juice.

refresh-seltzer-water-safeway-refreshe-3152794.png

primary_fa94f704-f97a-4408-ac60-672e43a915fa.jpg

I stopped drinking on April 30th, aiming to take a month off drinking. I had become quite obese and unhealthy, and a detox was in order.

I'm now approaching the 3-month mark without alcohol, and, whilst I would desperately love to cave in and have a weißbier, cider, or a whisky, I cannot deny that I am much better off without the booze.

I've changed nothing else in my diet, and, besides taking up gardening, have made no changes to my non-existent exercise regime, yet have dropped 12 kilos in weight.

During this time, I've been trying lots of stuff with cigars, from teas and coffee, to fruit juices, cordials, and other soft drinks.

My top picks would be:-

Morning - black filter coffee

Afternoon - lime cordial and soda water

Evening - sparkling mineral water

I have noticed that the strength of taste in the drinks is inversely proportional to the strength of cigar - Hoyo and black coffee is a winner, where Bolivar and black coffee isn't. Equally, Hoyo doesn't work for me with mineral water.